One Last Goodbye

"Optimus."

The Prime optics slid over to his left as he turned slowly, his red, white, and blue pattern glinting in the light. His derma pulled up to a soft smile when he saw that it was Ironhide that had called him, another member of the high council. The mech had also been a long time war hero, and while he had been a bit shy, he had taken the position humbly after a short time. The general gave him a small grin of his own as he approached with a data pad in his servos.

"I have another family for you, sir," he said, giving him a respectful nod of the helm when he stopped in front of him. Similar white streak patterns fell across his plates and shone brightly, a detailing that the New Council had been given in the beginning of the New Age.

Optimus nodded his helm as he took the data pad from his servos gently. "A relocation?" he asked.

"No," Ironhide answered, his voice similarly deep. "They just arrived. They only heard of Cybertron's rebirth a short while ago, and it took them some time to get here." His optics glinted with something Optimus had seen a lot of in the last five years. Joy, hope, and excitement for the future.

The Prime wished he could feel it as much as his people.

Optimus smiled a little brighter, his optics gentle as he looked over the family. It was three young Autobots. Two of them were sparkmates, while the other was the twin sister of the mech. The Prime was happy to see that such young ones were still here after the war, most of them having lost their lives in battle because of their inexperience. He lifted his helm and nodded to Ironhide in thanks. "I will see to them."

Ironhide nodded his helm, grabbing his arm as the Council Leader was beginning to walk off. "Hold up," he said. "My sparkmate said she wants to speak with you." The look in his optics was a bit more serious.

"Chromia?" Optimus slightly raised an optic ridge as he stood straight again. "What does she wish to speak of?" he asked.

Ironhide shook his helm. "No idea. She hasn't even told me yet. Must be important." He turned his helm and the Prime followed his gaze. Sure enough, a lighter blue femme was standing off in the crowd of Cybertronian passerby's. When she saw that they were looking over to her, she straightened and waved slightly, coming over. Optimus thought she looked familiar, but couldn't quite remember why she looked that way.

"Thank you for taking the time to talk with me, sir," she told him when she stopped in front of the large mech, offering him a small smile. Optimus returned it with one of his own, but he couldn't help but think that her very small stature was also familiar. He practically towered above her.

"Don't take to much time, Chromia," Ironhide chuckled teasingly, reaching over and kissing her cheek quickly. "I have another family to relocate," he told them as he began to hurry off.

"Alright. I'll see you soon," Chromia called after him before turning her attention back to the Prime. There was a pause, her optics awkwardly scanning him for something he didn't know, before she spoke. "Well, I have to say it's an honor to meet you, sir," she told him, holding out her small servo.

He took it and they shook briefly. "Thank you. Is there an important matter you wish for me to attend to?" he asked seriously, hoping nothing was wrong.

She blinked at the serious and worried look on his faceplate and then laughed a little. "No. Sorry to worry you," she told him, shaking her helm. Her helm raised and then she was looking directly into her teal optics, purple flecks dashing at him. "I actually wanted to come and thank you for something special you did for me."

Optimus stared at her blankly and tried to recall what she was talking about. Nothing came to his processor, and he gave her a small apologetic smile. "I'm afraid I don't recall what you speak of."