Chapter 28

Celia Jade Marian. My ex best friend  from high school. She left New York after getting into a serious relationship and I haven't heard of her since. She never contacted me or even came for a visit...

This little girl, Adora, looks strikingly exactly like her. The only appearances she inherited from her father was her hair, tanned skin and eyes. She gave me a smile and I can't help but give a shaky smile back. Her smile is also from Carlo.

"Are you okay, dear?" I felt Rose's hand on my shoulder and saw Carlo's concerned gaze, "You're very pale." I nodded my head, "Yeah, I'm fine." I answered and took a step back. Celia never told me about the lover she had, only that he was very attractive and very dangerous. She loved danger and enjoyed seeking it out. I always told her she might end up hurt, or even worst dead...but she never listened. 

I felt a hand on the small of back and almost jumped. "Karla, what's wrong?" Uncle Sam frowned and I felt like crying right there and then. I always thought that Celia was married by now. I thought she happy...but she's dead. My best friend had passed away and I didn't even know. I wasn't even there to support her through her pregnancy. 

Carlo came to a stand still in front of me and rubbed my upper arms in a way of comforting me. "Princess, what's wrong? Talk to me." I met his concerned eyes and he gave me a small smile. "Is it Celia Jade Marian?" He frowned, "Her mother, was it her?" I whispered and he nodded slowly. "I knew her..." I felt my eyes burning as I tried not to cry, "She was my best friend."   

_____________________________________________________________________________

Ricardo handed me a glass of juice and Rose sat down next to me in one of the bar stools at the kitchen counter. Carlo was outside, playing a game of chase with Adora and her friends and Uncle Sam was standing behind Rose. His hands was resting on her shoulders and in an instant I knew that this was the woman who stole my uncle's heart and that's why he could never go on the blind dates that fifteen year old me tried to organize for him. 

"I know that I should have told you about her, Karla." Uncle Sam looked sad, "But, Carlo was young and in love." I sighed, "So was Celia. She dropped out of school for him." Rose smiled sadly, "It was because of her pregnancy. Celia didn't have parents and lived in a foster home." I know this. Celia was also a "mistake" in her teenage mother's eyes and was given up for adoption. She refused to be that cruel, ever, to her own children. 

"Carlo loved her, Karla." Ricardo was the one talking now, but he was staring at Carlo who now held a very happy Adora in his arms, "I understood why. She was amazing. She was kind and loving and she wasn't bothered by what he was or who he is. I am guilty to admit that I was very jealous of him." He chuckled and Rose gave him a smile. Celia was that type of a person. She cared too much. Ricardo met my eyes, "That's why Carlo is so fascinated by you. You are just like her, but more tough." 

I felt a tug at my heart and looked back at Carlo. Celia and I never had the same interests in boys. I looked for gentlemen that met Papa's standards and she wanted care free fun guys who could raise her blood pressure. I wanted something mellow and she wanted something dangerous. We were complete opposites, yet exactly the same. "I just really miss her..."

_____________________________________________________________________________

AN:

I hope all of you marshmallows are still enjoying this book and actually understanding it. I know that my first book was a little hectic, but this one should make more sense since I am planning it by writing things down and keeping track of everything. 

Karla's mother will soon make an appearance so be ready for another roller coaster ride! (That woman is completely crazy!)