1 | The beginning

|1|

------------------------------------
The Beginning
------------------------------------

6:50 am

I turned the page and started reading the page that was filled with words. 'Lucas grabbed her wrist and yelled: "WAIT!!". Alice turned around, her eyes were filled with tears "haven't you done enough Lucas?" She asked coldly.'

'Alice swallowed hard "I don't want to see you-" before she could finish what she was going to say, Lucas smashed his soft lips against hers and forcefully started kissing her.'

"Woah- what an asshole..." I mumbled and continued reading the book. For the past 3 hours have I been sitting on the same seat, reading this book. I am currently on page 301 chapter 26. You can say that reading is my hobby...I love everything about it and I have read probably every book in this library, But what can I say?? I just love it...! It's so fascinating and it's a time killer!

I actually want to become a writer! But sadly... My dad doesn't want me to be one... my dad is pretty strict. You know, Studies before anything and everyone. My dad has also picked my career. He wants me to become a lawyer...

My dad pretty much only allows me to go to the library for me to "study". Yes, I study a lot...like A LOT. but- I also hang out with my friends but not that often though...I like being alone honestly.

ㅡㅣㅣㅡ
7:20 am

I finished reading the book and closed it. I stretched my body and let out a satisfied sigh. "Woah...~ such a good book~," I said quietly and carefully pull out my chair and stand up. I grabbed the book and put it back on the bookshelf and then grabbed my phone and turned it on to check what time it was and I gasped.

"SHIT-! my brother is going to kill me!-" I said loudly and immediately covered my mouth with my hands and bowed. Everyone in the room glared at me and bowed for the second time and awkwardly left the building.

As soon as I exited the library I started running home. 'Im sooooo dead...! HE IS SOO GOING TO KILL ME! Fuck!!!' -I thought and started running faster. I didn't realize what time it was...shit!

As I was running I suddenly bumped into a person and to my luck, I fell to the ground...Luckily I didn't scratch my knee or anything. "Ahhh- YA!" I yelled at the person and looked at the person with a glare "WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING! I could have hurt myself pretty badly because of you!"

"Watch where I'm going? Ya, kid. You were the one running. You should watch where YOU'RE running." The man said with his deep voice and stretched out his hand to help me.

I rejected his help and smacked away his hand. I continued glaring at the man and stand up on my own. I stared at the man and studied his face, But there wasn't much to see since he was wearing a mouth mask. A black mouth mask to be exact.

"You could have just moved away. I'm in a hurry." I said in annoyance and crossed my arms.

The man chuckled and rolled his eyes "or you could have been more careful kitten"

I lightly gasped "Kitten? Excuse you, But I know for a fact that I'm not an animal. Especially not a cat." I said and frowned.

"Oh- my mistake, I thought you were a kitten, kitten." He said and winked at me.

'Kitten? Really?' -I thought and almost puked at how disgusting it sounded when he called me that. "Disgusting," I said in disgust and walked away.

ㅡㅣㅣㅡ
8:10 am

I stood outside the door and took a deep breath...You can do this Yebin. You are only-...Only like 10 minutes late- Oh fuck...I'm 10 minutes late-!!.

I grabbed my keys and locked up the door and walked inside, I closed the door behind me and locked it. I sat down on the floor and started taking off my shoes. It was dead silence at home and I stand up and walked to the living room with nervous steps. As soon as I walked inside the living room I saw both my brother and my dad sitting on the couch and stared right into my soul.
.
.
.
.
.
....Oh dear lord...

"Ya. Yebin. Do you know what time it is?" My brother said as he stared at me angrily.

I swallowed hard and gave my brother an innocent smile "I-I'm only 10 minutes late-"

He walked up to me and smacked the back of my head "10 minutes my ass. You're 50 minutes late! 7 am is the time you should be home! Not 8 am! Do you know how worried dad was?!"

Oh fuck...

My dad stands up and looks down at me with a cold expression. His cold stare sent shivers through my whole body and I swallowed hard. I felt so small and scared when he looked down at me... "d-dad...I-I can explain-" my dad cut me off by grabbing my shoulders to pull me closer to him and hugged me tightly.

"MY DEAR YEBIN-! I WAS SO WORRIED!! MY SMOL LITTE SUGAR PIE! I THOUGHT SOMETHING HAPPENED TO YOU!!" My dad cried and I just awkwardly patted his back.

Yeah. Strict but...extremely soft and emotional teddy bear...My dad has the face of a cold-heartless fucking killer but in reality. He's like the softest teddy bear on the planet.

I cleared my throat "I'm sorry dad- I was reading a super good book and well...I kinda got stuck in it...I'm sorry" I said with a calm tone and my dad broke the hug and looked at me with a smile.

"Don't make us worried next time okay?" He said and patted my head with a calm tone and I nodded.

"Yebin. You should be more careful, you know the consequences and we don't want anything to happen to you.." He said as he took a deep breath and then opened his mouth to speak again "You know what happened with- you know who.." he said and looked away.

I looked down and remembered that hurtful day...The day that changed my- our whole family's life drastically... The day mom left and never came back.

I looked at my brother and smiled at him. "I promise I won't be late again- Or- Heh at least try to~ ehehehe~" My brother smiled at me and was about to say something but before he could say anything I started talking again "Oh- And Changbin. A quick reminder my dear brother. I'm nothing like mom. And I will never be." I said and pinched his cheek and pouted.

"Ya-" he smacked my forehead with his hand lightly "go to your room." He said and ruffled my hair.

"Yeah yeah~ I will" I said and walked to my bedroom.

-------

Don't forget to vote and comment