Prompt 27 || Word Prompt

Hello everyone and welcome to our newest prompt! This week, we'll be featuring a word prompt

Hello everyone and welcome to our newest prompt! This week, we'll be featuring a word prompt. Remember, there is no wrong way to interpret the prompt, be it literal or figurative. However, we do ask that you make sure that there is a clear link between the prompt provided and your entry.

WORD PROMPT:

WINNERS:

Please note that winners are not listed in any specific order. To read the rest of the wonderful entries submitted, make sure to check them out in the comments section below!

***

WINNER 1: eliyeda

This day couldn't get any worst, even if Trump decided this very moment that Hitler was the Dalai Lama of the twentieth century and deserved a Nobel Peace Prize.

You think I'm exaggerating?

Well, you're not the one hiding inside a hotel room closet about to witness your best friend of thirty-three years have sex with his fiancé.

How to become a voyeur, starring Cece García. I've hit low.

What was I thinking! They're getting married in less than twelve hours, of course he'd share his room with her!

I'd come into his room, after a few shots, intending to confess that I'd done the most cliché thing in the world and fallen madly in love with him. To think it took me thirty-three years, twenty boyfriends, one divorce and a wedding rehearsal to admit I'm in love with Evan Conner.

I should have seen it coming. Evan has been my first in everything. I always blamed it on curiosity and teen hormones that continued on to adulthood, but I'll admit the best gratifying moments I've had in my love life have been the firsts I shared with him.

I had to stop him before it was too late. Evan doesn't commit to relationships because once he's in, nothing gets him out, even if he's miserable. That's just the way he is. My plan was to tell him I loved him and hope he'd chose me over her.

I'd been waiting an hour when I heard the heavy breathing, grunts, and moans coming from outside. Seconds later, in stumbled the couple lost in steamy foreplay. I quickly hid and now here we are.

"Oh, Evan..." moans Talia. She straddles him and shoves her tongue down his throat, while his hands explore her body shamelessly.

"God, Cece, I love you so much..."

Wait, what?

"What did you call me!" Talia screech.

"What? Talia," Evan says, not realizing what he'd done.

"No, you called me Cece. Oh my God, Evan, you're still in love with her! Dammit! We're getting married tomorrow and you're still in love with your best friend!"

Huh... maybe not the worst day ever after all.

***

WINNER 2: CarrieStephanie

"Ugh!" She groaned, downing the last of her Starbucks coffee. How did they expect her to write about love when she barely had any love life in like ever? Random keys clicked as she banged her head against the keyboard.

"I think it sounded great," Treble commented from behind her.

She looked up from her head banging, head on his chest, eyes in line with his glorious chiselled chin.

"You're just saying that because you're my best friend." Her incredibly gorgeous, hot, charming and single bestfriend said.

He grinned, his pearly white crooked tooth gleaming in theatrical light. "Maybe." He bent to kiss her forehead.

"Speaking of which, your animecon tickets just went on sale ..." he trailed off.

"Oh my gosh!!" She squealed at the sight of the tickets. She wrapped her arms around his neck, her chair clattering to the ground. She pressed kisses against his cheeks, nose, corners of his lips. "I love you!"

Oh how true, deeply true that was.

"I'm well aware." He tightened his grip on her waist, prolonging their hug. "You know we tell each other everything right?"

"Of course." Her voice was muffled by the material of his shirt. Hmm, his Calvin Klein cologne did not disappoint.

"I might have...kinda...incidentally...coincidentally...readyourdiary."

She pulled away at that. "You did what?!"

"I love that you feel that way, but you know what?"

"I love that I love you loving me."

"What?" She was perplexed. Was he speaking gibberish on purpose?

"I love you dummy." He pulled her close and sealed their lips with a kiss.

***

WINNER 3: poetheticc

This comment may be offensive.

"Earth to Lana?"

I snapped out of my thoughts when a deep voice brought me back to the present. That deep voice was my best friend, Harry.

Or should I say, lover?

I know, I know. I was supposed to be an independent, young lady who wouldn't fall the antics of eighteen year old boys, but alas I did.

I fell in love with my best friend.

How could I let this happen? One day, we were hugging each other just like friends do with no feelings and the next day, bam! When he touches me, I get butterflies in my stomach. It all takes me back to fourth grade when I was a young, naive girl.

What was worse that Harry had a girlfriend he was truly devoted to. It made my heart ache, but I had to blind him with my charm thinking everything was okay. It wasn't.

I wasn't okay. My feelings weren't okay.

Shit, I can't believe I love him