The Charms Of A Suit- Elijah Mikaelson

"Stop that!" Damon scolded. Your eyes snapped back to him as you raised your glass to take the last sip before you responded.

"Stop what?" You asked him, although you had a good idea about what he was talking about.

"Oh, you know exactly what I am talking about." He had the nerve to look disgusted as if he was any better with the way he was looking at the waitress as if she was a new snack. In his defense she most likely would be exactly that and just that. You knew he had eyes for only one girl.

You only offered him an innocent smile and a shrug, a feeble attempt to deny the claim.

He didn't take kindly to that. The mischievous gleam in his eye should have been warning enough. "You know, the way you are undressing-"

The wide-eyed panicked look was the reward he was aiming for. "Zip it!" you interrupted before he said something anything further that would make you unable to look a certain Original in the eyes for the rest of your mortal life.

You wanted to erase Damon's smirk on his face but firstly you had to deal with the flustered heat on your cheeks. Not that he would allow you some time to cool off. You quickly found out that the pesky vampire basically fed off of your embarrassment.

"When did your taste go from bad boys to spruced-up men?" He questioned and you wondered if it was possible to drop dead from being too embarrassed. You quickly glanced at Elijah who was seated at the bar with his brothers, in one of the uncommon instances that he had joined them for a drink. You hoped the noises of the busy bar drowned the conversation. If he had taken notice of the conversation taking place, he wouldn't show a sign his focus on Kol who seemed to be talking. "Especially when he is the ene-"

"Damon!" you admonished. "Might as well speak on a speakerphone and tell everyone."

You wanted the earth to swallow you whole. "Also, don't be quick to be so judgy." Your eyes squinted, as you stared down the vampire. "I remember very well, a certain blonde that was supposed to be the enemy, and you-"

It was Damon's turn to wince at how quick you were to throw his past endeavor in his face and quickly cut the conversation short.

"Yeah, yeah. You made your point." He mumbled and your triumphant smile only seemed to irritate him and turn his smile upside down and glare you down.

"Why do you even like him?" he asked and you were certain that his mission in life at the moment was to not let you have a moment of peace. Something in your expression must have been off because he was quick to follow. "It's a legitimate question, scouts honor."

His promise and the hand that he raised theatrically to his heart were quick to erase any rising irritation and you laughed.

"That's not how they swear dumb-ass." you managed after your laughter died down.

"Who died and made you the expert in scouts?" He countered and you wondered just how he was supposed to be the older of the two of you.

"Promise not to mock me?" you questioned back.

"I can try?" He offered unhelpfully and you pondered.

"It's the suit," you admitted, your voice as low as possible and you truly hoped that the man on the opposite side of the bar couldn't hear you, no matter how great vampire hearing truly was.

"Really?" Damon's eyes sparkled at the admission that you knew you would regret. "Can't wait to open that can of worms."

"Damon let's don't," you begged. You knew that the plea would fall on deaf ears.

"Why not?" Damon's signature smirk was back. "I am learning so much about you right now."

"Damon, this is not the time- nor place." You insisted.