One Dance-Damon Salvatore

"Is sulking in a corner a habit that you have acquired in the army, or did I just try to ignore it all this time?" Damon didn't need to look to find out who the owner of this voice was, despite the long period that he had spent away from Mystic Falls.

"My my, (Y/N) (L/N)!" He was all familiar with how his eyes never wanted to leave your form once they landed on her and all the strength it took to force them to do so. But after all the hardship he had faced, he found no desire in trying not to stare. "Seems as if time has flown differently for both of us, for as it has worn me down, it only made you more beautiful."

"Mr. Salvatore, if someone had heard you talk this way, they would not have thought of you as only two years my senior." The smirk on your face seemed to be one of the few things that had not changed in the time, you had not seen each other.

"I seem to forget that we are only two years apart by how juvenile you always act." A smack on his chest was the response that he accepted for his little quip, and he had to stop the laughter that was bubbling inside of him from escaping his lips.

"It's great to see you." This admission brought a smile to his face that had been previously so serious.

"It's great to see you too." The music and the chatter of the people seemed to be only some background noise as they stared at each other.

"So, how long will you be staying here?" The moment they stared ended as they settled into an easy-going chat.

"Probably not too long, but I am not sure yet." He answered as he turned his attention back to the couples that came slowly into a halt as the song eventually came to an end.

"Well, I hope you will stay for as long as you can." Your confession was no louder than a mutter, yet honest. "Mystic Falls just isn't the same without you."

A new melody filled the room, a bit more upbeat than the previous one. "Miss (Y/N), would you do me the honor of granting me a dance?" His ways were almost theatrical, and a giggle couldn't help but escape you.

"And risk angering my dear mother more?" You offered him your hands in acceptance. "It would be my pleasure, Mr. Salvatore."

You two never understood why your families weren't fond of each other, nor were you interested in trying to understand. It had been too long since you had been together on the dancefloor, yet it seemed as if the time had barely passed when you started to sway to the rhythm.

"I met your new guest." You began talking. You had never been able to keep quiet while you were dancing. "She is rather lovely."

"Yes, she is." Damon agreed, although a bit hesitantly. "Miss Pierce, I found can be quite charming."

"And our dear Stefan seems to be one of the victims of her charm." You continued, not bothering to conceal the sly tone in your voice. "Don't tell me that this was the reason for your pouting earlier?"

"I didn't pout." He denied, and you had no other option but to believe him by how confident he sounded.  But you had never been the one to lose an opportunity to tease him.

"Oh don't be sour, Damon." you scolded light-heartedly. "It is normal if you want to sulk about the fact that Miss Pierce isn't giving you the time of day. Something that doesn't seem to be the case for your younger brother."

"Believe me, I am not feeling a bit sour." He reassured you earnestly. "I am glad that Stefan is getting to know her better. Besides I am more concerned if another lady is giving me 'the time of day.'"

"Oh?" you hadn't expected the sudden spark of jealousy. "And who might this lucky lady? Have I met her?"

"I assure you, that you know her very well." He laughed at your curiosity. "After all, she is standing in front of me."

"You know better than to kid with me, Damon." You knew that your face looked stern, but you hoped that he couldn't feel your heartbeat.

"I am serious," You knew the impact Damon had on you, and those words did little to calm the butterflies in your stomach. "Consider it as a chance for me to confess my feelings."

The tempo seemed to stop before you knew it, and you prayed that the end of the song wouldn't be the end of this dream as well.

"So..." his voice managed to bring you out of your train of thoughts. "Miss  (Y/N), would you do me the honor of allowing me to court you?"

"It would be my pleasure, Mr. Salvatore"

Hello guys! I hope you are having a great day! Mine was great although a bit unproductive, given the fact that instead of studying for my finals I ended up writing another chapter. This idea was given to me by Slytherinhorcrux1 and 123cxcv. I hope that all of you will enjoy it and if you do feel free to vote, comment or leave any request.

With love,

LuciferZoey