"New Life" - Elijah Mikaelson

"Klaudia, are you sure this is a good idea?" Caroline's usual preppy tone was replaced with an anxious one, that could be detected even through the phone.

Klaudia could only sigh, as Caroline repeated the same question for the fifteenth time within the last five minutes."Caroline, I am just going for shopping" she groaned, tired of the conversation.

"You are going shopping alone" Caroline snapped, frustrated by her best friend's  recklessness. "Not the brightest idea when Klaus almost succeeded on abducting you"

"You know, I am starting to realise that being a doppelganger, can be a pain in the butt" Klaudia complained, causing  Caroline to chuckle.

"Only now?" Caroline questioned sarcastically, her grin being obvious despite Klaudia not seeing her face.

"Nonetheless, I am not gonna stop lying because the big bad wolf decided to repopulate by using my blood." Klaudia continued, managing to make Caroline to somber up.

"I didn't suggest to stop living, only to always to at least let me accompany you when you go out." she tried to negotiate with Klaudia, only to stop when another groan through the phone.

"Caroline as much as I love you, if I spend 24/7 with you or anybody else in that matter, it will drive me insane." Klaudia's tone was laced with an irritation."Plus I already arrived  so please just let me shop and if I notice anything strange, I swear that I will call you."

"Damon is going to murder me for agreeing to this" Caroline complained only half joking.

"Well he should be less protective" laughed Klaudia , a fond smile blooming on her face at the thought of both of the Salvatore brothers,  that she considered as her own family.

"Well I have just noticed a perfect T-shirt so I will have to hung up." Klaudia ended the conversation proud of her win against Caroline's persistence, her eyes focused on the T-shirt that looked as if it was made for her.

"Just come back safe" Caroline sighed, a thing that she did a lot when she tried to convince her best friend.

"I will Mom" she teased and hang up not eager to hear Caroline's nagging about her nickname.

Klaudia continued to enter every shop trying out all kinds of clothes, her indecisiveness making her  double guess all her choices. Her shopping trip had come to an end and she headed at her car when the sun started to set, her heart feeling light and refreshed by the lack of stressing out.

But that feeling didn't last long when she heard a man's voice calling out a familiar name, as soon as she had unlocked her car's door for her to enter.

"Elena" the british accent drew her attention, making her heart beat hard enough for her to think that it was tying to escape her ribcage."It has been a while since I last saw you"

She hesitantly turned to face  the man that had greeted her, to apologise." I am sorry but I am  not Elena." she explained with a tight- lipped smile. "You must have confused me for someone else."

She saw his eyebrows burrow when those words left her mouth, probably surprised at the lack of recognition and at the fact that another girl looked identical to Elena.