Chapter 22

I pulled the car into a familiar driveway, as the mansion came into view. I saw a white sedan of BMW parked in front of my garage and I frowned, realising I'm late. I didn't bother to keep the car in the garage or pull back the keys from ignition and stepped out of it and ran towards the front door.

The door was already open, as Kara welcomed me with a huge smile plastered on her face. She stood in the middle of the living room, looking lively again, as the owner of the house. This might be because of Jungkook. She loves him like her own son, and I really appreciate that. I smiled back at her and she parted her wrinkled lips to speak.

"Dr. Kim is already here. He's up in Master's room." She said cheerfully, and I nodded at her. Without sparing any other glance, I stormed upstairs. I stood in front of his room and took a deep breath before knocking at the door.  I stood there for a beat, and a familiar angelic voice hit my eardrums.

"Come in." Hearing Jungkook's voice, I grinned and opened the door.

I took small steps inside and closed the door behind me. Turning around, I saw Jungkook sitting on the bed with the support of the headboard. The corner of his lips twitched up as he saw me. I then glanced at Dr. Kim, standing besides him wearing casual clothing and a smile plastered on his face.

"Good morning, Miss Park." He bowed all ninety degree to me and I greeted him back, properly, for the first time.

"Good morning, Dr. Kim, I'm sorry I'm late." I nodded at him, and apologized sincerely.

"It's okay, Miss Park, I take it you are a busy person." Dr. Kim mumbled slowly, and I nodded at him. Dr. Kim is one among the people, who knew how worried I stayed about Jungkook. I was always present when he used to do check up on him. He knows, how much tough I stay in front of everyone I was just a broken little girl, who wanted nothing but her love of life to be up from his deep slumber, inside.

"Miss Park, I've prescribed some medicines in the chart, along with the exercise routines. You have to take care of the regularity of it, and no skipping of medicines. The exercises are just mare movements of the joints, that will help him in walking sooner." He explained and I just nodded, whereas Jungkook just pout like a child.

"And all over, Mr. Jeon is completely fine. His waking up is an unexpected move, but still, Miss Park, happy for you. God always gives the justice" He wore the best of his smile and I couldn't help but smile at his words. How badly I wanted to hear he is fine and that he will be my demon again. And now when I'm truly hearing it, I mentally did millions of somersaults out of happiness.

"Thank you, Dr. Kim." I bowed at him and gave him my signature grin.

"Your welcome. If you need anything, then just give me a ring. For now, I'll take my leave." He bowed again to me and turned towards Jungkook. "Good day, Mr. Jeon." Jungkook, nodded in response.

As Dr. Kim closed the door behind him, I heaved a sigh of relief. I then glanced at Jungkook, he was indeed looking at me. I then sat on the edge of the bed, besides him.

"Good morning." I said to him with my signature grin. He flashed his bunny smile, making butterflies come alive in my stomach.

"Good morning, to you too." He greeted while holding my hand in his and caressing the back of it. I scoffed and said.

"I didn't had a single sleep, and you're saying good morning." I said staring at his eyes while he chuckled.

"If you want, you can sleep." As I was about to say something, my phone rang, making me jump, I pulled it out from my pocket, and glanced at the ID, it's Namjoon.

"Hello?" I answered the call.

"Y/n, I just called you to inform that I'll take care of the office, you can take rest." He spoke sincerely, melting my heart. Actually, that was the thing I needed right now. I wanted to be in Jungkook's arms, but was worried about the works.