Ro could see the other cloaked figure and the girl waiting outside of the house. She made eye contact with the girl who had a look of sorrow. The creature guiding Ro called out to his comrade. Again he spoke in a language that Ro didn't understand. The second creature spoke back in the same language and walked back into the house pulling the grief stricken girl behind him. When the horse was in front of the house the creature pulled her down into his arms and then he let her down gently while still maintaining a firm grip on her shoulder.

     "What is this place?" Ro was finally able to speak.

     The creature just chuckled and pushed her towards the house. When she entered she could smell something similar to pine. There was a lot of wood in the house. She was sure that was the reason. It looked like a trapper's quarters. All wooden furniture covered in animal skins. There was fresh produce in the kitchen area and a basket full of homemade bread. There was also a woman in the kitchen that faced away from her. Her hair was golden in color and hung halfway down her back. Her hair was beautiful, but Ro could only hope that her face matched. She hadn't been able to look at the creature beside her. She never wanted to see that face again. She told herself that he was a dressed up man. She had walked in on some sort of role playing game. That was the only way this could be real. It was the only way Ro could accept what she was seeing.

     The woman turned toward them and Ro could see her breathtaking face. The woman was the most beautiful person that Ro had ever seen. Her gold hair glistened in the daylight seeping through the window behind her. Her eyes were violet. Ro knew that they had to be colored contacts, but they looked so good on her that it was hard to believe that they weren't natural. Her perfect blush lips curved in a wicked smile that only added to the mysterious beauty that enveloped her. The woman glided across the room towards Ro. She had all the grace and beauty that any woman could ever hope for. Her dress looked nothing like the tattered clothing that the creatures wore. It was silk and encrusted with gems that shined when she walked. This woman didn't belong in this place. She said something to the creature that Ro couldn't understand and he left the room. Ro didn't see the other man, but she did see the girl sitting in what seemed to be the living area. She was looking at the ground clenching her jaw. Ro wanted to ask her everything she knew about the creatures and the stunning golden-haired woman.

     The woman grabbed her face to make Ro look into her eyes. "What are you called?"

     Ro was taken aback. The woman spoke English. Her accent wasn't American. Ro couldn't make out her accent at all. It wasn't like anything she had heard before, but that didn't matter as long as she could give her some answers. "Where am I? How far are we from Dublin? Please I have to-"

     The woman interrupted her, "What are you called? This is what I ask you. Nothing more."

     Ro blinked fiercely at the outburst. "Ro." Ro said sheepishly. "My name is Ro."

     "Girl." The woman said letting go of Ro's face. "Prepare her."

     Ro could hear the other girl stand up and sensed her walking up behind her. She placed a soft hand around Ro's and led her out of the room. Ro didn't resist. She was glad that she would be able to talk to someone her own age. Maybe she would be able to give her the answers she needed. The girl could be the one to clear up all the confusion and help Ro get back to her grandmother. She followed her down a hallway and into a bathing area. There was a huge metal basin in the middle of the room. The girl closed the large wooden door behind them and Ro turned from the tub to face her.

     "Where am I?"

     The girl rushed to Ro and clamped her hand over her mouth. She pressed her lips to Ro's ear, "You must be quiet. They can hear us." She looked over her shoulder towards the door, listened for a moment, and then removed her hand.