[ 036. ] YOU'RE NOT WEIRD

Comincia dall'inizio

"No no no, it's okay. How'd you even get here?" I questioned, furrowing my eyebrows at him.

"Well, first I woke up at like 7:30, then I had to brush my teeth so that you wouldn't smell any morning breath, then I had run all the way downstairs because the elevator isn't working and it needs to be fixed today. So, I went all the way to the backyard and used the back elevator to get to the key room where all the keys for the house are, but then I remembered that only my mom and dad have those keys to the key room. So then, I had to go all the way down to the garage and find a ladder to climb up to your room. I went through your window without you noticing, then running to your closet and by then it was 8:00. For thirty minutes, I was trying to figure out what I was going to say but then I realized that I was so nervous so I couldn't think of anything and texted you instead to see if you were awake yet." He rambles very rapidly, running out of breath, "And now we're here!"

"John, you are so sweet for this. Thank you." I say, kissing his cheek and afterwards smelling the flowers. "But, I prepared something for you too! I was supposed to surprise you with it, but, you came earlier than me."

"Oh, really? What did you prepare?" He grins, asking. I respond and smirk, "Wait here."

I walk out my closet quickly, then going to my bedside table and grabbing a box from one of the drawers, then running back to Johnny.

"Here." I hand it to him. He looks at it for a second, smiling, "What's this?"

"I wrote some letters to you every week until today ever since the night of the dance. So, there's about four letters in there since four weeks is equivalent to a month. It doesn't compare to what you did for me though." I look down, a bit embarrassed.

"No, no, no! I love it," He informs me, cupping my cheek gently and tilting my chin a little upward, "This is amazing. You put so much thought and work to this. Even if I haven't read them yet, I can tell you put the best amount of effort. Thank you so so so much."

"Really?" I ask.

"No Kenz, that's totally why I said I loved it." He smiles sarcastically and I push him softly.

"Also, can you not read them in front of me? Seeing your reactions kinda scare me. I'm afraid you'll think I'm cheesy and weird." I request. He responds, "Well, so far you're not that cheesy, but you are weird," he chuckles afterwards.

"You're so mean." I pout and turn away from him, crossing my arms.

"I'm joking!" He laughs, trying to make me face him again but I stay still and silent.

"Fine, you're not weird." I turn to face him again and he rolls his eyes.

"Anyways, I gotta go before one of the maids noticed I'm not in my room. Love ya!" He runs out of my room like a dork and closes the door shut.

🥢

𝙅𝙊𝙃𝙉𝙉𝙔 𝙊𝙍𝙇𝘼𝙉𝘿𝙊
A FEW HOURS LATER —

I sit down by my desk with a lamp on and I open up the box that Kenzie gave to me earlier this morning and see four envelopes. I take all four out and lay them on the desk, seeing which one was the first to read. I grabbed the first envelope, and on the outside of the envelope it said:

LETTER #1
March 16, 2019
Night of the Dance
11:36 PM

Afterwards, I peel the seal off the envelope and pull out the letter, seeing her very neat handwriting.

Hey John!

I don't get how I immediately thought of this as a gift for one month of us 'going steady'. I guess I was just really excited.

I know, my handwriting sucks. It's past 11:00 let me be.

But anyways, I'm still surprised? Ever since we were at the beach house and I found out you liked me, I didn't think you were serious. I thought you were joking, so, that night I decided to kiss you because honestly I needed a distraction. It seemed too good to be true.

But now, I can't stop thinking about you. About us.

I don't know, John. From you giving me CPR, to kissing me in the park, to now— I can't believe we're somewhat dating now.

Tonight was the best night ever. I hope things don't go wrong.

Anyways, I'm almost falling asleep as I write this. Oops. I promise the other ones will be longer!

I like you a lot.

Goodnight. ♥︎

If the first letter can make me smile so much, I don't think I'm ready for the next three.

⋆.*✰༄ RIA RAWRS XD
i hate this book and i think everyone is tired of it.
even the pickup lines :/

also, I WANNA MAKE A ONE SHOTS BOOK. AND A JOHAYDEN BOOK.
WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS, MY FELLOW THOTS? (jk KSKSKSK)

I'M GOING TO KISS YOU NOW,
SAY "KISS ME" IF YOU WANT ME TO STOP.