[ 002. ] COMPETITIVE SMIRK!

˗ˏˋ 𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐇 𝐊𝐈𝐃𝐒 ˎˊ˗
EPISODE NUMBER TWO,,
( COMPETITIVE SMIRK! )

0:00 ⊙───────── 2:00
↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

       ORDINARY; that's what the school day was. Lauren and Mackenzie's chauffeur's leg was bitten by a stray, limping, and very much untidy Sphynx Cat, and unfortunately, Mr. Ganymede III was diagnosed with a case of rabies. This was because he attempted to help the cat cross the road as it was blocking the pathway, but sadly, it bit his leg instead of cooperating, which led Mr. Ganymede III to taking a couple of extremely-sharp-needled shots.

With that being said, Lauren and Mackenzie had to wait a bit longer for their ride back home, as they were going to be picked up by their spare driver. While Lauren was in the Snack Bar, Mackenzie preferred to try roaming around the school. After all, it was her second day, and she wanted to get more familiar with the new environment.

After roaming for about five minutes or so, Mackenzie arrived at the third floor of the building. Luckily for her, something caught her interest. Being bored was no longer an option.

The gym.

Mackenzie saw the gym when she was a few meters away. She jogged her way over there, running a bit midway, and slowing down to open the glass entrance door.

Once the door had swung open and wide, she had seen people sweating their butts off, lifting weights, boxing, and overall, just working out. As she examined the room, someone caught her eye. And obviously, you could figure out who it was.

Mackenzie came into realization.

Lauren's brother, of course.

Johnny was running on the treadmill pretty fast. Sweat came from his dirty blonde hair, then dropping a few droplets to his neck. His black tank top was a little wet from all the running.

She looked away, biting her lip. Brushing off the thought of him, Mackenzie went to a cubical in the gym's bathroom and changed into a white sports bra and black Adidas workout leggings. After doing so, she tied her hair in a high ponytail.

Her friends had stated before that she had crushes incredibly easy. As a matter of fact, that was at all times true. Mackenzie Frances Ziegler could spot a cute boy, and never stop talking about him the next moment. Whenever someone mentions she likes someone, she would of course deny it.

After she exited the bathroom, a couple of people started looking at her. She quickly ignored it, as she was already used to people glaring, then proceeding to the vacant spot right next to Johnny.

Mackenzie turned on the treadmill, then running as Johnny continued doing the same. It was normal, at first, but everything began to develop higher when Johnny smirked at her, and when Mackenzie smirked back.

It was a competitive smirk.

Mackenzie increased her treadmill's speed, attempting to look fast. Johnny got the hint, increasing his speed too. The cycle repeated, over and over. It kept going faster and faster.

Moments later, Johnny slipped and fell back, on his butt. Mackenzie giggled and Johnny smiled ruefully. Mackenzie then pressed the off button, picking up her belongings up from the ground and waving naughtily at Johnny who remained on the floor, ashamed.

Then, Mackenzie's phone vibrated from her bag. Grabbing it as quick as she possibly could, she checked her phone, seeing Lauren's contact name in an iMessage notification.

LAUR sent KENZ a message!

LAUR
MACKENZIE OUR
RIDE IS HERE

KENZ
soRRY I'LL BE THERE IN A MINUTE

Mackenzie rushed from the gym to the pickup area in a minute or two, then boarding the car and shutting the door as fast as she could. Panting, she dropped her things at her feet.

"What took you so long?" Lauren interrogated firmly and immediately like a watching hawk.

"Sorry! I kind of got lost." Mackenzie stated, scratching the back of her neck.

"Eh, it's okay! It's only your second day here anyway," Lauren shrugged it off. "What did you do?"

"Just walked around." Mackenzie lied, looking away from Lauren and staring at the window to prevent her obvious, untruthful, and false look across her face.

"Oh, okay then!" Lauren replied simply, her strict mood changing completely.

"Um, just curious, how come your other siblings don't stay in the same car as you?" Mackenzie asked awkwardly, wiping sweat from her forehead with a small white towel.

"Maddie and Darian are in college, Johnny prefers to arrive home later." Lauren responded. "Johnny likes to drive himself."

"How are your siblings like?" Mackenzie questioned curiously.

"Well, there's not much to say about my sisters. They're normal. My brother is the worst, though. I hate him. He treats girls like an object, yet every girl in school are all over him. He likes to swim from time to time too. He has the best bed for some random reason." Lauren rambled as Mackenzie then maintained a poker face, nodding.

"You wouldn't like him though anyway, so I shouldn't really be telling you all this." Lauren claimed, stopping herself as she was uncomfortable talking about him. Lauren disliked Johnny, deeply because of past history.

"Nah, it's fine. Completely fine." Mackenzie spoke yet again ungainly as Lauren chuckled at the weird girl.

.*✰༄ RIA RAWRS XD
short and sucky

DID YOU FALL OUT OF A VENDING MACHINE?
CAUSE YOU A SNACK!