[ 029. ] BUT THE FISH!

˗ˏˋ 𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐇 𝐊𝐈𝐃𝐒 ˎˊ˗
EPISODE NUMBER TWENTY-NINE,,
( BUT THE FISH! )

0:00 ⊙───────── 2:00
↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

𝙅𝙊𝙃𝙉𝙉𝙔 𝙊𝙍𝙇𝘼𝙉𝘿𝙊

       HAND IN HAND, we stroll around the dark-but-glowed hallway. With children sticking their faces close to the glass and the comforting atmosphere of the area, everything turns out just fine.

"Is Spongebob here?" I look over to my right, asking Mackenzie who soon after smacked me on the arm, giggling. She looks at the window, preoccupied by a fish.

"You seem intrigued." I hypothesize, her eyes still glued to the glass. "Perhaps." She simply responds— but then she starts randomly laughing. My curiosity is piqued.

"W-what?" I stutter and she remains laughing like a hyena, slapping her knees with her hands. Even though she's unable to speak from all the enthusiasm, she attempts to speak, "The f-fish. It looks so stupid." She chokes out. I look over to the glass. It's simply filled with water and a species of a fish. What made it so hilarious? Not knowing what was going on, I just laugh along at her weirdness.

I look away from the somewhat funny fish (not really, just for Mackenzie), scanning and examining the hallway— from a crowd of people, I suddenly see three familiar faces.

Asher, Hayden, and Annie.

"Kenz!" I whisper-yell to her, causing her attention to be on me as she turns around from the fish. "Yeah?"

I look around to see if they are coming any closer, "People from school are here. We've got to move."

"But the fish!" She complains, her fists clutched and her arms straight down.

"I'm sorry, but we've got to leave the fish. I'm sure we can come back to it later." I respond and she pouts like a puppy with her chestnut brown eyes. She lets go of it and I grab her hand, leading her and scurrying away to somewhere far.

Mackenzie looks back and says, "Johnny, they're coming closer." I walk faster, turning right, and then left, and going straight. I don't even know where I'm going at this point.

"You know what, let me lead the way." She commands, grabbing my hand instead and darting ahead with incredible agility and stamina. Moments later, before I even know it, we're both in a room for only the authorized personnel.

After all the running, Mackenzie is unable to speak and is breathless, "I'm out of breath, Johnny, you're welcome," she pauses, "I think we're alone now."

"Who were they anyways?" She wonders. "Asher, Annie, and Hayden— If Asher found out, he wouldn't stop talking about it. If Annie did, she'd keep on screaming and if Hayden found out— well, let's just say he can't keep a secret. Hayden Summerall is someone you cannot tell secrets to." I reply.