"Who performed this ritual?" Merlin asked

"I've told you all I know. Such mysteries were revealed only to a handful of female initiates. This book only gives so much on the topic and as a boy, I was privy only to rumours" Gaius replied

"There must be someone who can help." Aria states

"I can think of only two people who truly know the old ways. One is Morgana Pendragon. The other is the Dochraid. But be warned, Merlin. The Dochraid cannot be trusted. She must never know your true identity."

Merlin gets up and heads to his room to pack and Aria follows. Aria stood in the doorway of Merlin's little room, watching Merlin rush around the room packing a bag.

"Merlin...?"

"No, you are not coming with me" Merlin cut her off as he packed his bag.

"But - -"

"No. You're staying here, Aria. The Dochraid sounds dangerous, you could get hurt or worse." Merlin denied

Aria was about to protest again but Merlin placed a hand on her shoulder stopping her. "Aria. Promise me you'll stay here and won't follow me"

Aria let out a frustrated sigh and nodded. "I promise"

Merlin nodded and walked around Aria to walk out the door.

"Merlin?.." Aria called out.

Merlin turned around to look at her.

"Be careful" Aria smiled

Merlin smiled back then left.

__________________________________

Merlin walked up to a cave going deep into the side of a cliff. Merlin peered into the darkness before drinking a light blue potion to help with his transformation into an old man. Merlin then walked into the dark, gloomy cave.

Inside the cave was covered in cobwebs. Merlin, now an old man, looked around for the Dochraid. A figure stood up behind him and he turned to look at it.

The Dochraid looked like an old woman but had no eyes as the skin had been pulled tightly to cover its eye sockets. It had long, grey, stringy hair, rotting teeth and wrinkly skin.

"Who dares enter the sacred cave?" The Dochraid demanded in its rough and raspy voice.

"I come to petition the Dochraid," Merlin answered

"Give me your hand " The Dochraid demanded again.

Merlin hesitantly walked closer and held out his hand. Immediately the Dochraid grabbed his hand and sniffed it before pushing it away in disgust.

"I smell the stench of enmity" The Dochraid growled

"I come in peace," Merlin said "In friendship"

"You are no friend of the old religion. No friend of Morgana Pendragon" The Dochraid snarled

"Great Dochraid- -"

"Silence!" The Dochraid snapped "I know you, Emrys. Your queen will find no relief here"

"How do you know why I come?" Merlin asked suspiciously.

"I am the Dochraid. The earth speaks to me. You are not welcome here. Depart!" The Dochraid bellowed

"Oh I cannot do that" Merlin shook his head " Not until I have what I came for"

"You dare challenge me, the ancient Dochraid? You, a puny sorcerer?" The Dochraid mocked

"And yet I will have what I came for," Merlin said glaring at the creature