"Then fuck me full of your children, you bastard!" he snarled, raising his hips and arching his back. "DO IT!"

"I can't," I whispered, and he let out a bellow of frustration. "I can't!"

He suddenly went still.

"Why are you letting me hurt?" he asked in a cold, deadened tone; I froze, eyes widening since his face was shockingly flat. "Why won't you soothe me? Give me everything?"

"Because you're not yourself," I hesitantly retorted, "and because doing so would put you in an extreme amount of danger--"

"What if another male got his hands on me?" he seethed, wriggling against his chains. "What would you do and how would you feel if another man did what you wouldn't, hm?! If another man fucked me full of his children you'd be crying like a bitch! Now silence yourself and fuck me! Breed me!"

I felt my gut twist and anger, hot and red, blinded me at his words. I immediately rose to my feet and glared at him through a red haze.

"Don't ever say something like that again," I said in such a cold, angry tone that he actually froze; he stared at me, hips falling still, yellow eyes widening before darkening. "Even in the state that you're in... that's not okay. Trying to throw something like that in my face when I'm only abstaining to protect the two of us from something we aren't ready for is cruel. What you just said was the definition of cruelty. Heat or no heat, it's not okay."

His face settled into an expression that made my gut twist.

Fear.

Blind, sheer, utter fear.

His face seemed to drain of color and his whole body started shivering as he looked at my face, toes curling, chains clinking, staring at me as if I had just told him I didn't love him.

"Don't leave me," he whispered, and I jerked, eyes flying open wide; the red haze disappeared in an instant and I felt my heart plummet. "Please don't leave me, Aerin. I won't say it again. I promise. Please don't leave me alone."

Shit... shit, shit, shit.

Shit.

I couldn't be harsh with him when he was like this, could I? Seeing his face... he wasn't himself, not at all, it wasn't just his body that was in overdrive, it seemed like perhaps even his mind and emotions were hypersensitive.

He was... wait, why was he--

"Babe...?" I breathed, shocked when his mouth started trembling, "No... no, shhh, it's okay, Bash."

"Don't leave me," he said hoarsely, eyes full of pain on top of the omnipresent lust. "Don't go--

"Shhhhh, I'm not going anywhere, I swear," I soothed, instantly hurrying over to him and kneeling between his legs, right in front of him. I winced at the sight of the tremors shaking through his body. Dark strands of hair stuck to his forehead and I reached to brush them away only to feel my heart skip a beat when I realized just how high his temperature had gotten.

I fretted, not knowing what to do, but then he bucked his hips and his exposed crack slid across my knee. Wetness coated my leg and I froze, momentarily caught off guard. He groaned, rubbing against me like crazy, so I pulled myself slightly out of his reach and he let out a cry when I did.

"Please!" he begged, straining against the chains, trying to rub on me again. "Please, Beloved--"

"What name?" I asked, and he stopped so he could stare at me. "What name, Babe?"

"Name?" he asked, as if drunk, confused and completely unsure. "I... what do you mean?"

"What name would our child have?" I asked, crawling out from between his legs and moving around to rest against his side. With the way his arms were positioned high above him and the way his legs were literally chained to the floor with no mobility, it wasn't a danger.