Sixteen

Soon after their visit to the cafeteria, most of the group disbanded to head over to their class early since they wanted a good seat. Juvia was one of them.

As she said her goodbyes to the disbanding group, Juvia took another quick scan around her surroundings. There were definitely more people now, most were standing around their lockers (at least, that's what Juvia was assuming.). Many more were just arriving.

Juvia followed a path that led to her first class of the day. As she walked, Juvia's eyes met with a familiar face. Lyon. She quickly covered up her surprised face and was planning on walking right past him until she felt her right arm get grabbed by a large hand.

Juvia turned around, eyes widened but quickly replaced the expressing yet again with a disinterested look.

"Let me go, Lyon." Juvia states, attempting to force her arm free of the man's grasp.

"Wait, please listen to me first.. I'm sorry about earlier." Lyon replies, tightening his grip.

"I—I don't want anything to do with you anymore. Please, just leave me be." Juvia stated, somehow managing to force her arm free despite his tight grasp.

Juvia walked right past him, feeling bad about what she just said. But, Juvia knew that if she kept going along with his ideas, she'd be forced to be with him.

Soon, she reached her classroom which was pretty empty since only three students had arrived. Juvia walked over and sat at the seat she always took whenever she was in this specific class. She felt herself get distracted by the sudden train of thoughts as she waited for class to begin.

Juvia felt like she had dug herself into a deeper hole than she was before. However, she didn't really know why.

I'm not sure what to do now... I still have tutoring with Lyon. I could ask to quit, but I'm not really particularly good at anything else... Maybe I can try cooking. Juvia thought nervously.

Suddenly, she was dragged out of her thoughts when she heard the bell ring. Signaling that classes will be beginning. She felt herself sigh as she looked at the teacher walking in.

Finally, she had finished the last class of the day. Juvia decided to meet up with Lucy and Levy at their lockers so they could walk home together but soon realized that she had to go visit the Tutoring Club's leader to discuss about her leaving.

Juvia decided to go to Lucy and Levy's locket to alert them about her decision so they wouldn't have to worry too much.

"I guess it makes sense that you want to avoid Lyon, but you like tutoring don't you? I don't think you should abandon it just because of him. Maybe you should ask for another person to tutor." Levy suggested.

Lucy nodded in response.

"I have other things I'd like to try out too... like the Cooking Club..." Juvia replies.

"Ohhh, then you should go for it. But don't force yourself to quit just because of Lyon." Lucy stated.

Juvia nodded, smiling, "You guys can go on ahead. It might take awhile."

Both of her friends shook their heads, insisting that they'll wait for her. She soon gave in and quickly fast walked to the Tutoring Club.

Hopefully, it'll be quick.

Author's Note
Good morning/afternoon/evening everyone! I hope you all are having a great summer! Sorry for not uploading a new chapter on time, I was having some trouble with this chapter because I didn't really know what to write. 😅 I was going to upload this two days ago, but my family and I planned on going on this one-day trip so we were busy trying to get ready. I apologize for the long wait. Thank you all for all your support on this book! See you next chapter (:

Hope you're having a wonderful summer~ ❤️

- author

Vote • Comment • Share • Follow

This chapter is unedited