Nine

Juvia stood near the entrance of the building, lost in her thoughts. She wondered about the things she would tell him, how she felt. But the more she thought of the subject, the more she lingered towards the thought of the encounters with Lyon. Juvia, for some reason, felt so bothered by it. The bad feeling lingered about in her, and no matter how much she tried to reassure herself, she couldn't shake it off. Maybe it was the fact that she got Lyon involved in the situation—maybe it was guilt. Or maybe...-

Juvia shook her head, for she knew that she had been standing there, looking like an idiot for the past 20 minutes thinking to herself. She let out a short sigh as she felt herself relax against the shoe locker. Though it wasn't comfortable, she felt a sense of reassurance. She heard a few chatters but other than that, it was a peaceful afternoon.

Juvia felt her eyes close slowly, the day felt pretty long but it was already the afternoon. She could only recall what happened in the morning and the long periods she had to survive to get to this point.

"H-Hey, Juvia. How long have you been here?" A voice interrupted her thoughts. It was a familiar voice. A voice she felt as though she had heard for almost her entire life.

Juvia opened her eyes slowly a few minutes after the man came into the scene. And in those few minutes, she had heard shuffling and the clanking sound of the shoe locker. She had expected for Gray to be at his locker, but what she saw was definitely not what she was expecting.

Gray's face was only a few inches away from hers, but she could feel his breath fan over her face—giving her goosebumps.

"G-Gray!" Juvia says in shock, feeling herself slide down the locker slowly. Gray stares for a few seconds before realizing his actions.

"S-Sorry! I was just wondering why you weren't answering me." Gray replies, immediately stepping back with what Juvia thinks is a blush on his beautiful face.

Juvia felt herself heat up as she plays the scene in her head, "n-n-no, it's fine!"

Gray scratches the back of his neck with his left hand awkwardly.

"What am I doing..?" Gray mutters quietly as he looked at his right hand.

Silence invaded the room. Juvia could feel the tenseness of the situation and wanted to immediately get rid of it.

"So, lets go...?" Juvia spoke, breaking the silence that had once covered the scene.

Gray looks at her and replied with a nod, "okay, I got everything. You?"

"Y-Yeah."

Juvia stood up from her weird bending position and stood next to Gray before they walked out the school together.

Author's Note
Hey everyone! I am so so so so so so so so so sorry for the late upload. I really hope you can forgive me! Honestly I've been so caught up with school that I completely forgot about uploading another chapter... I really need to get my life together oof. Well anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Hopefully I will be able to upload another chapter on time. Thank you everyone for being patient. I apologize again for not uploading early! Bye~ T-T

- author

Vote • Comment • Share • Follow

This chapter is unedited