Seven

As Juvia began her desperate search for the blue-haired male, she noticed the girl he was with before; Lena.

Lena was very pretty. She had smooth skin, soft black hair (or so Juvia heard), natural looking face. Not only that but, she's the smartest in the school—always ranking first in exams. Her generosity and kindness also led her to be one of the most adored students in the school.

Juvia felt saddened yet again, but shook her head and went back to the task at hand. Finding Gray was her top priority as of right now. She quickly walked over to Gray's locker, which was only a few steps away from when she stopped.

Luckily, Gray was still there. With a friend. Juvia paused, it was obvious that Gray was involved in yet again, another interesting topic. Usually, Juvia never tried to bother Gray whilst he was talking to someone else as to her, it seemed rude. But, this was important. Juvia looked down at the tiled floor, how will I tell him? The question had lingered at the back of her head the whole time, but she unfortunately decided to ignore it during the walk over here.

She shook her head violently, almost too violently. Be brave, Juvia. You got this. She tried to encourage herself as she let out a deep breath.

Slowly, she made her way towards Gray and his friends. She could now make out who the other was; Natsu Dragneel. Juvia pauses for a second as she realized Natsu was Lucy's boyfriend for about three years until they had announced they were talking a break a few weeks ago. Since then, they haven't spoken a word to each other.

"Hey! Isn't that your girlfriend?" Natsu said out loud as eyes seemed to linger over towards him. Juvia's face turned red, but she didn't want to run like she's had earlier. Instead, she fast-walked over to the males. Surprisingly, Gray didn't walk away.

"Hey, Juvia. It's been so long since we talked!" Natsu says, this time a bit quieter than when he was shouting, "how's... how's Lucy? Is she alright?" Natsu used his left to rub the back of his neck. Juvia could only nod in response for she had one mission to complete here - plus Natsu and Juvia have never really talked. Only small conversations here and there but that was all.

"Uh, c - can I talk to Gray alone... please?" Juvia said, she felt the intense feeling of nervousness creep up her spine, "I - It's important."

Natsu's happy face turned a bit serious, "okay. See ya, droopy eyes!"

Juvia could hear Gray let out a snort, "whatever, flame breath."

Once Natsu had fully left and the hall seemed to go back to what it was doing, Juvia let out another deep breath in attempt to calm her nerves.

"Uh - so, w - why did you decide to stay..? Y - you know what I've done to you, so..." Juvia spoke finally, staring only at the floor tiles. She could still she Gray's shoes.

"Because... I've just been thinking about.. a lot of things. I want to talk." Gray replies slowly. This caught Juvia by surprise, she had expected a yell or something negative to spew out of his mouth, but he was giving her a chance?

Juvia looked up in surprise, "r - really?"

"Y - Yeah, but not here.. maybe.. after school."

Juvia nods violently, she was happy that Gray had given her a chance for them to just talk. She felt tears roll down her face, but quickly wiped them away. Gray's face seemed to darken.

"Let's meet up at the café near your house." Gray says, "I'm a bit busy after school so you can just go ahead or something..."

Right then and there, Juvia felt saddened when the bell had rung and interrupted the conversation as Gray walked away, mumbling a 'sorry' as he left.

Author's Note
Sorry guys for the late upload, I know it's been about 2-3 weeks. I've been so busy with school work that I wasn't able to create time to make a new chapter for you all. I'm really sorry. Hopefully I'll be able to upload a new chapter ON TIME next week! Thank you all for your patience, I am very sorry! T-T

- author

Vote • Comment • Share • Follow

This chapter is unedited