Fourteen

"Gray? Wha - what are you doing here?" Juvia inquires, shocked. She was mostly surprised by the fact that he came to school in the morning rather than what he said. He usually comes late with Natsu! Juvia thought as she stared at him with a mix of surprise and disbelief, I never expected him to come here of all places either... did something happen?

Gray looked as though he didn't know how to respond.

"Tch. Look who it is, Mr. Hotshot." Lyon interrupts their moment with a sarcastic 'greeting.'

Gray's eyes then became fixed on the white-haired male. His eyes burning holes into the other.

"She doesn't belong to you, Lyon." Gray replies sternly.

"She's not yours either, Fullbuster. Last time I checked, you guys broke up."

Juvia could basically see the intensity of the situation and felt uncomfortable.

"Even so, I treat her better than you ever will. She's uncomfortable being with you! Why can't you see and respect that?"

"G - Guys..." Juvia tries to join the conversation so she could stop them, but failed.

"You brainwashed her into thinking that you're actually a good boyfriend when in reality, you never were and you never will!"

"Why would I -"

"Guys, stop!" Juvia finally gains the courage to shout loudly, despite the fact that they were in the library. Both men fell silent, staring at her with shocked faces.

Silence filled the room quickly. Until...

"You kids!" Someone shouts.

Juvia turns around and sees a lady walking towards them in an angry manner. She was quite pale, and her hair was white, but her eyes were a very vivid color. It was captivating.

"I will not tolerate any more disrespect! You are in a library! Not a playground. And here I thought high schoolers are mature, young adults. Your actions will not only shine the school in bad light, but also ruin your reputations as young adults! Please actually learn to think about the consequences before you do them! But since it seems like it's your first time, I'll spare you with cleaning the bathrooms. Now go! I don't want to see your faces any longer." The librarian spoke bitterly. She walked away seconds later after giving them another frustrated glance.

"Great, now because of you, I'm stuck with cleaning duty."

"Shut up, Lyon. We're lucky we didn't get detention. I'm sorry, Juvia for all the... inconvenience." Gray says, staring at Juvia apologetically.

Juvia turned around, "n - no! It's no big deal... really."

Lyon rolled his eyes, "I'm leaving. See ya, Juvia."

"Uhm... sure..." Juvia replies with uncertainty. Lyon grabbed his belongings and pushed in his chair before leaving the scene.

"We should leave too." Gray stayed after Lyon was steps ahead. Juvia found herself nodding in response and took her stuff before leaving with Gray. She noticed many people staring at her curiously, probably because of what happened.

It didn't take too long for both Juvia and Gray to leave the library as the door was quite close. Gray moved the sliding door to the side and gestured for Juvia to get out first. Juvia stepped out of the room and noticed that the halls were still quite empty.

"So... where are you headed?" Gray asked suddenly.

"Oh—um... I was planning on heading to my locker."

"I guess I'll join you then."

"Okay, sure."

The conversation ended after that. The two walked in silence and Juvia decided that it would probably be best to keep it that way.

As they walked down the halls, Juvia could hear whispers and the tapping of shoes. She could even see some silhouettes of students in classrooms that they passed by.

Soon, they made it to the faculty office, which was were Juvia's locker was located near. She noticed some teachers organizing papers. Most of them seemed tired and had a coffee cup placed next to them—steaming and fresh.

They turned the next corner they saw, and to Juvia's surprise—she saw her friends, Lucy and Levy.

"Hey, Juvia! Good morning -" Levy starts but stops, her eyes widened at the sight, "Good morning, Gray."

Lucy closes her locker and looks at us, "Hey Juvia. And Gray."

"Hey." Gray replies to their greetings.

"Good morning Lucy, Levy." Juvia says as she walks to her locker and messes with the lock.

"I didn't expect you to come to school so early. I mean—you're always racing with Natsu." Lucy starts, "did something happen or..."

"Well... I saw Juvia walk out of her house—I just happened to be around, of course. I was going to return something to my friend who usually comes early." Gray explains.

"Ohhh. You sure you're not here for—oh, I don't know—Juvia?" Levy says in a weird tone.

Juvia takes some books out of her locker and opens her bag to put them in while simultaneously taking out some other books. She didn't know what to say.

"Well..." Gray starts but then trails off.

"Hmm?" Lucy says, most likely smirking.

"Guys, don't tease him... he's been through a lot because of me, I don't want to upset or cause any more misunderstanding anymore." Juvia says, turning around suddenly.

"Yeah... sorry, Gray. We didn't mean to." Lucy apologizes as Levy nods in agreement.

Gray shook his head, "I don't mind it. There's just a lot of things I'm not very sure of right now."

Juvia turned around to face her locker so she could shut it and put her lock back on before zipping her bag.

"If there's anything we can do, we don't mind giving you a hand."

"Thanks for the offer, but for now, I think I'll try to sort it out myself." Gray thanks them.

Juvia turns back around to the group, "so, did you return the item to your friend?"

"Yeah."

"Hey, wanna head to the cafeteria? I heard they're giving out those tasty yogurts!" Lucy states, changing the subject quickly.

"Yeah, let's go!"

"Sure."

"Okay, let's go!"

With that, they all walked towards the school's cafeteria.

Author's Note
Hey everyone! I was finally able to upload this chapter, haha. I hope I didn't keep you all waiting too long. I really tried my best to get this chapter out asap. There might be a lot of mistakes, but during Summer break I plan on editing the chapters and add a few things that I should've added in the beginning. Anyway, testing is basically over for me (for now, anyway). Is everyone else done with testing (if you did have it)? If you still do, I wish you luck! Also, I believe that I will be able to upload a new chapter next week on time, but my teachers have been giving me a ton of work to do so I may not be able to so I apologize in advance. I know I say this a lot but thank you guys so, so, so, SO much for all the support! I really, really appreciate it. Anyway, I hope you have a great day/night and happy reading~

- author

Vote • Comment • Share • Follow

This chapter is unedited