Fifteen

"Wow, these yogurts are so good!" Lucy says, using her plastic spoon to get some more.

"Agreed!"

Juvia and her friends finally settled down at a deserted table. There were surprisingly a lot more people than Juvia had assumed to be in the cafeteria so it took a while for her and her friends to find a seat somewhere without people.

Juvia looked at her tray of breakfast which consisted of eggs and bacon with sides of grapes and the yogurt. Although she didn't feel very hungry, the food smelled good and felt warm. She unknowingly already started digging in to the eggs before she could even debate over eating it or not. Not many schools serve breakfast like this, she thought as she consumed a piece of the egg.

"It's kind of weird seeing you guys together after what happened." Lucy says, her eyes widening after she said that, "sorry! I thoughtlessly said that... jeez, I don't know what's wrong with me today."

"It's fine. It's weird for me too." Gray admitted.

Juvia swallowed her food before saying, "me too..."

As much as she really wanted to tell everyone how she felt, Juvia felt like Gray might not like what she was going to say. She wanted so badly to fix the relationship they have, but she didn't want Gray to feel forced to fix it.

"A - Anyway, Lucy, Natsu, Erza, and I are planning on going to the park one of these days since we don't get to hang out with Erza that much. Would you both like to come?" Levy says with a smile.

Juvia nodded almost right away, it has been such a long time since they've met up with Erza. She had to transfer schools due to personal issues. Luckily, she was still pretty close to here which made it easier for them to talk and catch up. However, they soon stopped meeting up because they found out Erza was balancing both her family's problems, education, and the student council, so they felt like taking some of her time wouldn't benefit her.

Erza always told them that she's willing to spare some time to spend it with her friends, but Juvia didn't want to be of a burden to her.

"I hope she's doing fine." Juvia says. Her friends nod in unison.

"Last time we talked, she was talking about her school's festival. Not sure if she's busy now though." Gray states, scooping some yogurt out of the plastic cup.

"I wish we all could've went." Levy said in a sad tone.

"Yeah... maybe another time..." Juvia replies.

And with that, the group decided to eat in silence.

Author's Note
Hey everyone! I'm back with another chapter (finally)! I apologize for keeping you all waiting for so long. A lot of things happened within the past few days. But it's okay now! Summer break has started for me so I will try to update more! I may go on vacation soon so if I disappear without warning, I apologize. Hopefully this chapter wasn't too boring, I felt like I needed to include this for what happens in later chapters. Anyway, thank you guys for reading! I'll see you in the next chapter and also...

I hope you guys are having a lovely summer so far~ ❤️

- author

Vote • Comment • Share • Follow

This chapter is unedited