Five

As Juvia entered the school, she felt as though people were staring - watching her every move. She felt herself breathe faster, her heart racing. The moments following up to her recent breakup showed up vividly in her mind. Levy walks closer next to Juvia, placing a hand on her shoulder. Juvia turns, suddenly feeling calm again. She felt another hand touch her other shoulder - Lucy... Levy... Juvia thought as she looked around her.

People weren't staring at her, it seemed that it was just the guilt and sadness that had tricked her into thinking so.

They walked down the halls together, but Juvia stopped suddenly when she heard something:

"Gray!"

She looked at her two friends, their eyes found their way to something surprising, Gray and Lena. Juvia stares at the two, both were obviously talking about an interesting topic. Juvia could feel her blood boil, but the jealousy turned to sadness as she remembered the breakup.

"Well don't they look great together." Lucy says sarcastically as she crosses her arms. Don't tell me they're together... please, Juvia thought squeezing her eyes shut before opening them a minute later.

Lena's long, black hair lay around her. Her left hand's index finger twirls some of her hair around as she looks at Gray flirtatiously as Gray laughs heartily.

Juvia saddens even more, tears beginning to well up inside her. She felt stupid. It was all of my fault, I have no excuse for what I've done.

Levy looks at her with an depressed look as she pulls Juvia in an embrace. In that moment, tears fell down her cheeks.

"It's okay, Juvia. It's okay." Levy spoke softly as Juvia wails. Her cheeks felt moist as well as Levy's uniform, but she couldn't stop—no. It was difficult.

"Let it all out." Levy says.

Juvia could hear yells of anger from what she thought was Lucy.

"N-No," Juvia starts, "I-It was my f-fault. I-I cheated... on G-Gray. He didn't do anything!"

Levy looks at her, eyes widened, but was soon back to comforting her.

"Juvia, we know how much he means to you. There must be some misunderstanding." Levy says soothingly. Juvia shook her head in response, "it wasn't... his fault."

Juvia looked sadly towards the pair that were now staring at them in surprise. Juvia's eyes met Gray's, and they stared for what seemed like forever. The world seemed to pause suddenly, Juvia felt a sick feeling crawl up her spine as his dark blue eyes seemed to pierce her soul. But then Juvia broke contact, looking at Lucy with the 'please don't yell anymore' look.

Lucy nodded and kept quiet as Juvia takes both Levy's and the blonde haired girl's hand, dragging them out of the scene. And of course,

They followed.

Author's Note
Hey guys, you've reached the end of this chapter! Sorry for the late update! Please comment your thoughts on this week's chapter - constructive criticism is very much appreciated! Happy Holidays~! (:

Thanks for reading!

- author

Vote • Comment • Share • Follow

This chapter is unedited