Twelve

As Juvia took a bite of her cheesecake, she couldn't help but observe the man sitting across from her. It definitely seemed out of character for him to do all of the things he did that led to this. But regardless, Juvia was grateful.

Juvia put her fork down, "S -"

"No, you don't have to say any more. I think I get the situation."

"You... aren't mad?"

"Well, to tell you the truth, I am. I wish you told me this sooner, but I guess I understand the kind of position you're in - damn that Lyon." Gray replied, his face darkening with rage.

"This is all my fault..." Juvia says, looking down at her cheesecake, "if only I had the courage to tell him..." She trailed off.

"I - I know t - that what I did was unforgivable... but... I - I'm really sorry, Gray. All of this - it wouldn't have happened if I just -" Juvia sputters, feeling tears prick her eyes as she stared down at her tightly folded hands.

"Juvia... it's fine. I mean - I really don't know how to make of this situation. I'm angry, that's a fact. But, I love you - it's just so difficult. I can't believe that you kissed him -" Gray says, his voice cracking a bit. Juvia tilted her head upwards slightly. Gray looked frustrated yet saddened. A stab of guilt and regret hit Juvia, hard. I don't want to hurt him anymore... he deserves so much... happiness, a good life... and someone who won't cheat on him.

"I - I'm sorry for all the trouble I caused and for all the time I... I wasted." Juvia replies, tears falling down her cheeks and landing on her still tightly folded hands.

"No, Juvia -" Gray starts, but Juvia got up abruptly.

"I'm sorry - I'm sorry for taking away some of your time. I - I'm sorry for everything... I really, really mean it..." Juvia says, "I will handle everything alone... I don't want to trouble you any further."

Juvia bows before rushing to the door, feeling more tears fall down her cheek as she did.

"Juvia, wait - !"

Was all she heard before the door closed.

"Juvia, are you okay?! What happened?" Lucy said in a worried tone.

"We were waiting for you at the usual place, but you didn't show up... did something happen?" Levy inquires.

Juvia fell onto her bed, she felt her muscles relax before tensing up again as she recalled the earlier event. Holding her phone near her ear, she replied, "Sorry, I should've told you guys... I talked to Gray."

Silence.

"W - We went to a café so we can talk... about what happened." Juvia continued nervously, her voice cracking in the process, "I told him everything... everything that caused this whole situation to occur..."

"What'd he say..?" Levy asked, sounding hesitant.

"I - I don't really want to talk about it... I just want to fix everything - this whole situation I mean. I - I," Juvia let out a breath, "I know we may not be together after all of this, but I don't want to ca - cause any more trouble for him anymore. I want him to be happy... even if it's with someone else..."

"Juvia... I may have not been in a relationship for very long but, I can tell that Gray's the most happy when he's with you. You mean just as much to him as he does to you. He loves you. Yes, this whole incident may break trust but regardless, you cannot deny that a life without the other is painful. Especially emotionally." Lucy explains. Her words had took an effect on Juvia.

"Y - You think so..?"

"Yeah, we can tell." Levy replies.

"Give it some time, Juvia." Lucy advised.

"Thank you guys so much. I'm so lucky to have such great friends." Juvia replies with a small smile.

Author's Note
Good day/evening! Hope you all are doing great~! I apologize for this late update, I was busy with some things but I'm glad I was able to release this chapter. Thank you all so much for the support, I really appreciate it! I really didn't think anyone would enjoy this book, so I'm glad there are people who do. Again, thank you all so much! This means so much to me. <3 Anyway, I'll see you all in the next update~

- author

Vote • Comment • Share • Follow

This chapter is unedited