18. Live with the fact

"Heartbeat is strong." The doctor mumbled as she switched off the machine. "Everything seems to be perfect. Your baby is very healthy." She smiled looking at Jimin. "Do you have any questions for me?" She said handing Jimin a napkin to wipe the gel off his stomach.

"Uh no." He mumbled sitting up. "Oh actually, can I have two photos this time?" The doctor nodded before walking out to get the sonogram photos for the male. He sat there looking around the room until the doctor came back. He left the building with a content feeling in his heart. He got to see his son and hear his heartbeat.

Taehyung had a shift at the cafe and Yoongi was back on tour which left Jimin to go to his appointment alone. He was fine with it but he definitely did wish at least one person could have came just in case something was wrong. Not that he was expecting something bad would happen to his son but just in case. Jimin had the habit of overthinking which lead to him worrying about thing.

He got into his car, an old 2005 Hyundai Elantra with dents on the sides some were from when his father owned it and others from when he was learning to drive, before pulling out his phone to call Yoongi. "Hey, how was the appointment?" The idol answered on the first ring.

"It was good. His heartbeat is strong. The doctor says he's around seventeen inches and four-ish pounds right now." Jimin explained as he ran his finger over the ultrasound photo. "I asked her to give me an extra photo so I'll give you that next time you're around."

"That's great." Yoongi said, "um I should be back in two week. I'll get a break for a few days." Jimin nodding his head "okay yeah I'll give it to you then." Yoongi replied with a simple okay. The line went silent for a moment as neither knew what else to say.

The younger cleared his throat. "Um I needed to talk to you about something." He spoke with a certain awkwardness to his voice. The idol hummed, a way of telling him he was listening. "My dads, they want to meet you."

"Okay. Like I said I'll be back in two weeks." Yoongi said a yawn following his statement.

"Have you talked to your parents about the baby?" The pregnant boy couldn't help but ask. Yoongi tensed. He had been meaning to talk to the boy about this it just hadn't been easy to bring up.

"Yeah. Um they," he trailed of trying to find the words to say, "you know what. We'll just talk about it when I get back."

Jimin furrowed his eyebrows. What could he possibly have to say that he couldn't over the phone? "Uh ok?" The line went silent again.

Ever since Jimin had told him about the baby and about how he believed it would have been safer without Yoongi in the picture things had been sort of awkwardness between them. It's been a couple weeks and they have had their moments were everything seemed like normal but more often than not things just seemed tense. "Well I should let you get some rest. I'll send you a picture of the ultrasound."

"Yeah. Bye." He hung up without leaving room for Jimin to say his farewell. Jimin groans leaning back on his seat. "What the fuck?" He mutters to himself. He tugged at his hair. He was fully aware Yoongi had been sleeping around before he knew about the baby. He had every right to afterall Jimin was the one who ghosted him but even at the time Yoongi still tried his hardest to speak with him. He called and texted him whenever but now everything was different. They talked but Yoongi's voice no longer held the sweetness that it once had. Jimin understand fully why. He'd be angry if he was in Yoongi's position but there had been a part of him that had hope that they still had a chance. Guess he was wrong for thinking that.

Especially now that someone new has seemingly popped up and replaced him. Yoongi has been seen around with a singer named Jin lately. They seemed to be getting pretty close. Jimin hadn't asked him if the rumors were true since he felt he had no right to but it did sting a little when he would hear the singers voice when they were on the phone together.

Jimin lost him and he just had to live with that.

Yoongi sat there for a moment just looking at his phone. His messages with Jimin open with the sonogram of their son.

Things were scary for him at the moment. Not the idea of being a father exactly. No, he was happy he would have his baby it's just everything else seemed so complicated. Things with Jimin weren't the greatest, they were tense. He will admit it was partly his fault for being cold with him but could anyone blame him? Jimin had really planned to have his son and never let him meet him. That was so fucked up. Not only that but he had tried to convince him that they would be safer without Yoongi in their life. Jimin was pushing him away.

He didn't know what else to do other than distance himself from the male. He only spoke to him if it involved their child if not he no longer bothered to contact him. It was sad and it sucked but what else could he do. Jimin made him feel unwanted. He wanted a family with him but Jimin had made it clear to him that he didn't.

So he had to live with the fact that he lost him.

——————————————————

Sorry this chapter sucks