"I don't have a choice," he rasped, shuddering and touching himself. "I'm gonna lose myself no matter what and if I'm anywhere near you when it takes over... I could force myself on you. I could hurt you terribly and I don't want that. Plus, I'm sure you don't want to..."

He suddenly trailed off, touching his stomach, and my blood ran cold a second time. I knew what he was leaving unsaid. I knew it instinctively. It was so early in our relationship to be having this talk, too early, but fuck...

He thought I didn't want kids.

"If you're going anywhere I'm going along with you," I hissed, instantly getting to my feet and walking to stand before him. "I am not leaving you alone when you're like this, not when the very real threat of someone using mind control on you is hanging over our heads. If Jasper came back and found you while you were rutting... Babe, I would die. It would kill me if he touched you and did something because of it, something that... well, you know."

He looked absolutely horrified by the idea.

"You have a decent point but you still cannot," he hissed, pained. "I don't want you to see how I become--"

"NO! No matter what I see, no matter what you do, my feelings won't change!" I snapped, reaching out and clutching his arms; he flinched, trying to pull away, but I held him tight. "Listen to me, Sebastian... I will love you no matter what you do or say. I am not Jasper. I am not going to change just because I saw every single side of you! I'm yours, do you understand me?"

"Yes," he uttered, swallowing, "but--"

"No buts," I said angrily, refusing to break eye contact. "You're also mine, babe, and you're not fucking going anywhere unless I say so. We'll figure this out together, and if need be I'll give you space, but you are not going off by yourself when you're this fucking vulnerable. If I have to drag on my Man of the House Pants and put my foot down, I fucking will, because I mean it when I say you're not going anywhere."

He frowned, even through his physical state he managed to realize what I was saying.

"This is unusual behavior for you," he said quietly. "I have never seen you so adamant."

"Why wouldn't I be?" I snapped, serious, no humor in my tone or face. "If you're really going into a rut then you're literally in your most vulnerable state and let's not forget that you were recently raped by your ex husband under the influence of his hypnotism--why wouldn't I be like this?"

His eyes softened and he shook slightly, legs together, visibly clenching his ass. Fluid trickled down his thighs, forming wet spots on the carpet, and I saw his hands quivering violently.

"If he comes back," he said in a low rumble, "and succeeds in possessing me, as well as everyone else... I cannot be like this. I cannot. He will take advantage of it, and he will use it as a weapon to hurt the two of us."

"Not if I have anything to say about it," I promised, thinking heavily. "Tell me, what can I expect from this situation? Will you lose your mind? Will you need to be chained up or something?"

"We have two options," he said seriously. "As I said before, you can either chain me up in the room that I specifically designed for situations like this to wait it out, or you can isolate yourself with me and allow me to ravage you sexually until my rut ends."

"And how long will it take for it to end?" I asked, worried.

"It depends on the wolf," he panted, rubbing himself; his caramel skin was flushed red and his neck seemed bulkier than usual, and I noticed that he seemed to have trouble moving. "Mine tend to last more than ten days."