5.1

Guys, the first part of the book is almost coming to a close! Around chapter 6-7 is where I expect it to end.

_______

A voice, not Doflamingo's, that sounds like an automated one, comes on. 'Here's how the first preliminary round works. You and your group are put in an area separated from other groups. There will be an object you have to collect---you'll be informed of it once you're brought into the designated area.

'The teams will split off into four groups of 19 teams. From each group, only the first five teams that retrieve the item and return to the beginning will move on to the next round. Group A will consist of

Team 4: Vinsmoke Ichiji, Vinsmoke Niji, Vinsmoke Yonji, Vinsmoke Reiju.

Team 11: Trafalgar Law, Penguin, Shachi, Bepo.

Team 12: Eustass Kid, Killer, Heat, Wire.

Team...'

You block out the noise until you hear your team number.

'Team 58: (Y/N), Perona, Carrot, Nami.'

Nami sighs. "In the same group as those monsters," she says.

"Don't worry about it, we'll be fine," you assure.

The rest of the announcements are made, then Group A is sent out into the arena through separate rooms.

"Good luck," you call to the other teams before stepping inside yours, where a metal door stands a few metres away, along with a wooden desk to the left with papers on it.

Another announcement comes through. 'The information you need is on the desk. You have one minutes to review it. When the door opens, you may begin.'

You take the papers from the desk and sift through it. "We need to get a sea prism stone in the shape of a perfect cube, it'll be about a meter wide," you say, skimming over it. "Which means we should be prepared to fight near water."

"I can use electrode," Carrot chimes. "For the water. But it'll be dangerous after that. So we should use it as a last resort."

"Mhm. Let's see what we have to defeat before making any solid plans, though," you say.

'In 5,' the automated announcer says. '4. 3.' The four of you unSeal your familiars. '2. 1.'

The door slams open, and you run out first. 40-50 metres to the left and right of you, different terrains, probably belonging to the other teams, are bound to their own area with the transparent walls created for the viewers.

Ahead of you, a long lake that nearly took up the entire space. The ground was all solid rock, with only a couple rocks and boulders around. As the other teams barge through, fighting immediately the enemies that made themselves clear from the get-go, you slow your pace compared to them and bent down to pick a pebble up.

"First..." You throw the rock into the water, and nothing happens for a few moments. The surface begins to uneven as whatever lurks beneath the surface of the water arises to see what's disturbing its peace.

From three spots, heads burst through the water, then long necks, and then a glimpse of the body.

You breath heavily as the creature screeched out, saliva, poison, and water falling everywhere. "The hydra... Stay out of the way of its spit! It's poison!"

The four of you back away, your minds racing a mile a second, trying to figure out what to do, but you can barely hear your own thoughts.

"Okay, okay. How did Hercules defeat it in myths?" Nami yells over all the loud shrieks.