Eight

Wayne Manor: The former rundown mansion, residence of the Wayne family and headquarters for the Justice League once again laid unused and deserted following the dissolving of the Justice League and the rise of the Regime's grip over power. With their old headquarters off limits, Bruce's old home made the perfect hiding spot and temporary HQ for the Insurgency for his efforts.

Aside from the Batcave, of course.

"Ah-ha!" rung from upstairs in Bruce's room. Rapid typing and scrolling along a computer screen for the past three minutes, Oracle had finally gotten her big break. Thanks to the Oracle Network and upon encrypting the file set on the superpill from mere minutes ago, the analyzed data went through directly to her. "Done....."

Pulling the USB file out from her laptop, she simply flings it behind her allowing Zatanna to catch it.

".....and done."

"Subject file 5-U-93-R for Kryptonite nanotech drug is set."

Z just leaned herself back to the wall, crossing her arms staring ahead to Dick and Helena on the bed. Either they didn't hear her or they were occupied to the point that they missed it. Instead, Dick just raised his hand up.

So she passed it to him, leaving Helena open to snatch right out and Dick to snatch it back. A slight smirk perks out from both of them, seeing how their past flirtations didn't interfere with their intermediate friendship. However, the stench of boredom was polluting the room for the past few minutes so something needed to be done to pass the time. The solution: "Go fish."

Cards were stacked down on the bed for the fifth time as Dick and Helena exchange rapid fire glances at each, smirking at each other.

"Do you have any......threes?" The look of shock and astonishment in Helena's eyes were priceless for Dick to see. Zatanna had to refrain from chuckling even just a little bit. "How—What the hell? You're cheating."

"Do I look like I have a death wish?"

"It's pure luck, Dicky. Trust me when I tell you that", Helena implies as she watches Dick throw aside his batch of cards away.

"Luck ain't got nothing to with it."

The door then swung open in a state of panic, turning everyone's attention to Alfred carrying Bruce in his hands, tending to his shattered back. His expression screamed I need help! Please!, a plea that was too great to be ignored.

Dick and Helena wipes the entire card stack off the bed and just laid Bruce down on the side. He groans loudly and in massive agony to everyone's bewilderment aside from Alfred. The obvious question "What happened?" that Barbara asked needed no delay.

"Master Bruce's efforts were successful. But in the aftermath, his back's been shattered."

"Again?!", Dick exclaimed.

"Master Kent wasn't willing to let this go down without punishment being made. So I gave him his own", he confesses as he raised up his fist confidently. This puzzled Helena albeit in a giddily amusing way. "You knocked his ass out? So that stuff really works?"

"By Joe it does. The pills.....are they....?"

"Fully analyzed." Barbara interjects. "We'll be able to manufacture the formula and make some of our own soon. We won this round."

Bruce groans loudly. Even if that was the case, it wouldn't be the last time they'd hear from the man of steel. And Bruce was determined to make sure they were prepared for the potential aftermath when that happened. "Clark won't forgive us for this......he'll have the whole world on to us within days."