Nightmare

MIA

She became conscious when they were moving her out of the car. Her mind was muddled and she tried to recall where she was and why she was being carried out of the car by two strong hands.

Her eyes were closed but she felt footsteps around her. She smelled fresh grass and trees. Her nose caught the scent of the person carrying her and realized it wasn't familiar.

Where was she? And who was there with her?

She slowly opened her eyes and saw the strong jaw of Lance Cortez and the grim expression plastered on his face.

She was in the arms of Lance Cortez!

" Awake princess? " Lance sneered down at her.

Mia sucked her breath and quickly struggled to get up pushing Lance away from her. As she did, she noticed her surroundings and realized that they were at the Samaniego's Botanical Garden, a 60 hectare property situated a few kilometers away from University.

She managed to keep a distance from Lance but almost stumbled when she took a step back. Her world was spinning and she can feel pounding at the back of her head. She can almost taste the drug that was used to knock her out.

" S-stay a-aaway, " she managed to croak taking a clumsy step back.

" Afraid pretty girl? " Lance smirked watching her with curious eyes.

Mia saw someone move towards her and grabbed her by the arms. She struggled and pulled her arms away kicking the boy's crotch. He fell to the ground groaning in pain.

Mia didn't even watch him fell and turned around to run. She has not taken a few steps from where the boy was when somebody grabbed her roughly tearing off a part of her shirt. She kicked and threw her arms wildly at the attacker but all she hit was thin air.

A few moments later, she felt a strong blow on her left cheeks and then her right.

The impact made her fall down on her knees. Her hands reached forward for the ground to steady her spinning world.

Behind her blooded face, she helplessly watched Alfred stalked towards her.

" W-why aa-re you doing this? " Mia managed to ask in a cracked voice.

Before she can say anything more, she saw Alfred lift his foot from the ground and kneed her jaw in one forceful motion making her lose consciousness as her body fell limply to the ground.

Mia didn't regain consciousness for minutes and when she awoke, she thought she was dead.

She felt something come up her throat and choked to her sides, seeing bile and blood come out of her mouth.

She heard footsteps walking near her and saw the tall figure of Alfred and Dominic in front of her. They both lifted their feet. On instinct, Mia raised a shaky hand in front of her face as if shielding herself from them, as if this will protect her from their violence.

She closed her eyes for the impact.

" S-stop! " Mia heard somebody say.

Mia gasped softly at the protest. She couldn't make out whom the voice belonged to but she knew it sounded familiar.

Her hand dropped limply on her sides as she squinted through her bloodied eyes trying to shake out her blurred vision.

" What did you say? " Alfred's voice was cold and deadly.