Worries

ROBBY

Three days before classes resume from the semestral break, Robby and Mia were at the Sebastian's living room sprawled on the couch watching a late rerun.

The movie was almost finished and of the two hours that it ran, Robby did not hear Mia say anything. On normal days, she would be voicing out her opinions after every scene. But tonight, she was unusually quiet. This made Robby conclude that something was up with her.

" Are you okay? " Robby whispered in her ears.

She didn't stir in her position, resting her head on Robby's arm. They were lying down on the couch with Robby propped sideways against the backrest and Mia comfortably cradled in his arms.

" Mmmmm, " was all he heard her say.

He tightened his arms circled around her and kissed her head from behind.

Something was definitely up with her.

The movie finished a few minutes later and Mia made a move to get up. When she has seated upright, Robby gently pulled her arm making her face him.

" What's wrong? " He finally asked trying to read the unreadable expression displayed on her face.

" Nothing, " she forced a smile.

" Mia, " Robby said softly. " Something's bothering you. You've been extremely quiet the past few days which is so unlike you. "

" I'm just thinking about the coming semester. " She flashed him a smile that didn't quite reach her eyes.

" Mia..."

She finally relented and heaved a big sigh.

" What is it? " Robby asked worriedly as he pulled himself up and leveled his gaze with hers. " What's wrong? "

She looked at him through her lashes. " What are we going to tell Marco?"

Understanding finally flooded his face. She was worried about her older brother.

" Hey, " he said gently as he took her hand. " It's alright. "

Frustration was etched on her face. She wasn't convinced.

" He's going to be back here in 3 days, Rob. " she muttered. " We still haven't figured out what we're going to do when he's back."

" Okay, okay, " Robby nodded as he rubbed her arms. " I'll talk to Marco the minute that he's back and I'll tell him about us."

" We should do it together. "

" No, " Robby shook his head at her. " It must come from me. I broke his golden rule."

He fucking did. And he knew Marco was going to be mighty furious when he finds out.

" But so did I, " Mia argued. " I know about the rule yet..."

" Fine. Let's tell him together." Robby relented.

" Okay, " she said quietly.

Robby pulled her close and kissed her forehead.

" It's going to be alright, Mia. " he murmured as he rubbed her arms. " It's going to be alright."

In response, she wrapped her arms around him. Robby rested his chin on her head and he couldn't help but smile.

He knew they broke Marco's rule but he was happy.

She made him happy.

They stayed in each other's arms, sprawled on the couch until they Mia fell asleep. Robby was dozing off when he heard the doorbell rang.

On impulse, he glanced at his wristwatch which says it was fifteen past midnight.

The doorbell rang persistently.

Who could possibly be coming to see Mia at midnight?

" Mia, " Robby said softy as he gently tapped on her arm. " Someone's at the door."

" Uhmmm, " Mia shifted in his arms and opened her eyes groggily. " Wh-who? "

Robby gently disentangled himself from her. " Are you expecting anyone? "

Mia looked at him sleepily and struggled to stand up. " Must be Marga." she muttered.

Robby watched her grudgingly walked to the door.

" Marga, " he heard her say as soon as she pulled the door open. " Do you even know what- "

Robby stood up from where he was seated when she abruptly stopped talking.

Robby felt his heart dropped at the mention of the name.

" Marco! "