Frat's Fury

ROBBY

" Because you're my best bud, I'll give you 10 minutes to explain yourself, " Marco slammed his books on the table where Robby was seated in the frat house canteen. " and then I'll decide if you deserved to get punched."

Robby looked at him in surprise and saw Marco's grim expression as he seated himself across him folding his arms across his chest.

Robby looked at him in bewilderment. 

" What the hell, Sebastian?" 

" Mia, " Marco said unblinkingly. " And you."

Understanding dawned on Robby. He was not surprised that the news quickly reached Marco in a matter of three days. He was counting on a week. But he figured Angela somehow made a way for news to reach Marco faster.

" What did you hear? " Robby asked unflinchingly. As far as he knew, he didn't do anything wrong.

" Is something going on that I should know about? " Marco demanded in a cold voice.

" Is there?" Robby challenged.

" Fuck Gonzales! " Marco's fist landed on the table making Robby's empty can of coke danced on the table. 

The students at the surrounding tables looked at them nervously.

" You know how I feel about my friends making a play for my sisters! " Marco growled.

" So tell me what you heard, " Robby didn't blink and folded his arms across his chest. " So I can correct your twisted facts "

Marco looked at him dubiously but straightened his back. 

" Angela told me that she saw you and Mia at the cafeteria three days ago " he started in a mellowed voice.

" She was eating alone so I joined her, " Robby said in defense. " Is that a bad thing?"

" And you were acting more than friendly. " Marco glared at him.

" And how was that? "

" You were holding my sister's hand! " Marco snapped at him angrily. " Don't you fucking deny it, Gonzales! There were other people who saw you and Mia at that table!"

Fuck. Angela can sure twist facts.

" By other people, I'm sure you mean Patty. " Robby said dryly. " So it's true. I'm not denying " 

He could see veins throbbing on Marco's forehead as he gritted his teeth.

" But did you bother asking why I was holding her hand?"

" Why? " Marco eyed him warily.

" Because your sister was in some kind of a dilemma, " Robby told him evenly not wanting to elaborate on Mia's problem. 

 " I was offering her my advice because she was so distraught when Patty & Angela showed up out of nowhere and assumed things differently."

Marco glared at him weighing the truth in his words. Robby saw the anger in Marco's face slowly dissipated.

He was frowning at him instead. " So you're not into my sister? " Marco clarified.

" I'm not, " Robby shook his head.

Well, he really wasn't. He told himself silently. Mia was more of an extended family, the same way that he saw Melissa.

" Are you sure? " Marco pressed. But he looked more relaxed now than he was earlier.