Cinema Fiasco

ROBBY

" Uncle Robby! "

Two cute girls in matching pink and white polka dot dresses came running to greet him when he entered the front door.

Robby grinned and fell on his knees as he scooped the twins on each hand.

" How are my angels? "

" I know how to dance like a swan now, " 6 years old Kathrynn Gonzales grinned.

" Teacher gave me three stars yesterday, " Hannah Gonzales, the younger of the twins said proudly.

" You will show Uncle Robby the dance later, right? " Robby spoke to Kathrynn first. When she nodded, he turned to Hannah. " And you will show me your stars too?"

" I can show you now, " Hannah volunteered as she pulled on Robby's hand.

" I can show you my dance now too! " Kathrynn said tugging Robby's other hand.

Robby chuckled. " Alright, alright, " he had to keep his balance while the twins pulled his hands to different directions.

" Girls, " Irene Gonzales stern voice interrupted the twins' tug-of-war. " Why don't you give your Uncle Robby a chance to breathe. He just got here. And go get ready unless you want to miss the movie? Yes? "

The twins eyes widened in horror. " No! " they said in unison.

Irene clapped her hands. " Alright then, so go upstairs and go get ready,"

The twins nodded and ran up the staircase.

" They're so excited, " Irene laughed as she led Robby to the kitchen where the maids were cleaning up the kitchen. " They couldn't sleep in excitemnt. They missed you."

Robby chuckled as he settled on the chair by the kitchen counter. " I miss them too, " Robby said as he drank his orange juice. " I've just been so busy with school. I need to finish a lot of things before the Christmas break."

Irene placed a slice of Robby's favorite pecan pie in front of him. " Here, your favorite " she said. " I know how it is. I remember Rico complaining about it when we were graduating."

" Woow, thanks, " Robby took a bite of his favorite pie.

He liked his sister-in-law. Even when she was still Rico's girlfriend, he already liked her. She had always been warm and nice. She was a doting mother to Robby's nieces and a loving wife to Rico. It was great that she was such a great cook too.

" Are you sure you don't want Sylvia & Angie to go with you? " Irene raised his eyebrow at him. She was referring to the twins' nannies. " The twins can be a real handful."

Robby shook his head. " Nah, " he said finishing off his food. " I'm sure I can manage them."

Irene nodded. She quickly went over fridge and took out a piece of paper that was stuck under one of the magnets. 

" Here, " she handed the paper to Robby. " I've listed all important numbers in case you can't reach me or Rico - which rarely happens. I've also listed the number of the drivers and their nannies. Even my mom's mobile is listed there. Don't hesitate to call us if the twins had suddenly thrown tantrums."

Robby took the paper from her smilingly. " Don't worry, Irene, " he told her reassuringly. " We will be fine."

An hour later, Robby was already on the verge of calling Irene for help. It took half an hour from the parking lot to reach the cinema because the twins kept pulling him to different directions once they were inside the mall. When he finally managed to drag them to the cinema, Hannah wanted to go to the toilet while Kathrynn refused to accompany her sister. So Robby was forced to leave the long queue for the late afternoon show to bring Hannah to the toilet while half dragging Kathrynn with them.