20

Lisa's POV

"Somebody help!" With an aching head and a painful body, I still managed to open my eyes and I was blinded by these white lights. Where am I? My vision is a bit blurry so my mind can't function the information that much.

So many lights and I think all the walls are white too. Is this heaven? "What happened to her, Sir?" A female's voice was suddenly heard, making my head turn to her direction. I've heard that voice before. I just can't remember whose voice was that.

When I saw the white coat around the girl's body, I realized that this was not heaven but a hospital. I'm in the hospital and the doctor right in front of me... Hayoung?

Hayoung's eyes widen and she gasped. "Oh my god. Lisa! What happened to you?!" I looked around me and saw that we are in the emergency room and I was placed in a bed.

"Hey, hey!" I turned my head to face her and saw this pained expression of hers. Why is she looking at me like that? Is it because I'm dying? "I'm gonna save you, okay? Just don't die!" She added.

She turned around to face the nurses and she said, "Prep her and take her to the nearest available OR (Operating Room)! We don't have time to give her a CT scan. I'm gonna go in blind." The nurses started fixing me in my bed. My bed suddenly started moving towards the hallway making me more dizzy.

Hayoung is right beside me, running. Her hand on the side of my bed, helping the nurses to push me. She was frowning and I bet, she's thinking all the best solutions to save me. She doesn't have the time to scan my head, even my whole body so I bet when she opens me up: she'll be surprised and will have to think fast for the best solution. She doesn't have a plan for the surgery because she doesn't know what's happening on my head right now. She really has to go in blind.

Hayoung noticed me moving so she held me in my hand. "Don't move. You're still wearing your helmet." When Hayoung said that, I slowly put my hand up on top of my head and indeed, it is still there.

I started feeling a warm liquid coming up to my mouth and I had to turn to puke it all out. I thought I was just puking the alcohol I drank earlier but when I saw it was red, I changed my mind. Of course, it's blood.

With a hazy mind, I looked up and saw Hayoung's disturbed expression. I might not make it out alive so I had to speak. I need to speak. I want Chaeyoung to hear it herself but it seems like we're both in a critical condition. "Page general!" Hayoung commanded the nurses. If I didn't explore this hospital, I probably won't know what general is. Thank god I'm not that stupid.

If Hayoung paged general then that means two surgeons will operate on me at the same time. I bitterly smiled inside my head. Wow, ain't I lucky?

(General Surgeons are the surgeons who operate on the abdominal contents like stomach, large and small intestines, liver, pancreas, etc)

I held Hayoung's hand and I opened my mouth to say something so Hayoung moved forward. "T-tell Chaeyoung that... I...I-I'm sorry a-and... l-love... h--h-h-er..." Hayoung nodded and gave me a little smile. "You can tell that to her yourself after the surgery."

I closed my eyes and a tear escaped. No, I have a feeling that I won't make it. So I can't tell her that myself, Hayoung. Even if I wanted to.

Third Person's POV

"Surgery won't save her, Dr. Son!" A fellow cardio doctor told Naeun. Naeun with a frustrated look plastered on her face, hit the table so hard that her hand started turning red, making the other doctors startle at what she did.