02

Chaeyoung's POV

"Who was that girl?" I asked when Naeun unnie entered my room.

"Why so curious? Isn't she pretty?" She teased me, her eyebrows doing the up and down thing.

"Just answer me, unnie!" I whined, getting my pillows and throwing it at her.

"Stop that! You're sick! Don't do that again!" She laughed, putting my pillows back to it's proper place. She joined me in my bed and scooted closer to me and pinched my cheeks. Why does she always do that? Just because my cheeks are chubby. Hmph!

"Her name's Lalisa Manoban. She just moved here. And I think her grandma is the old lady that always cuts the plants." She said then went back at texting.

"Oh! You mean, grandma Alice? That old lady is nice. She always brings me snacks!" I was taken aback to what I said. My tongue slipped. Great.

"Snacks? What kind of snacks Park Roseanne?" She leaned in closer, glaring at me.

I leaned back, avoiding eye contact. My doctor is pretty, yes, but sometimes she gets scary.

"Uhmm..." I slowly backed away, avoiding her eyes. "Erm... it was only cookies." I shrugged and chuckled nervously. I am doomed.

Naeun unnie sigh heavily, running her hands through her hair which I found hot. Like seriously. Too bad she's taken.

If only I have a boyfriend or girlfriend (I don't know if I'm gay yet. I'm attracted to Naeun unnie but it's not enough to convince me that I'm gay.) but nooooo, life's not on my side so life cursed me to be sick.

Now, what is my sickness? Excellent question. I have what we call Coronary Artery Disease or CAD for short. I don't know what it means because mainly, I don't listen to Naeun unnie.

What I understand is that I got this disease from my grandpa who died because of this illness. So because of my sickness, I never lived a normal life. My only friends are my doctor which is Son Naeun, my teacher which is Park Chorong and my cousin, Park Sooyoung aka Joy.

So I've lived my life here in my room for like 5 years now. When I was a kid, I could still go out and like run a little but now, it has gotten worse. A lot worse. So ever since that, my room is my jail now. I was homeschooled ever since.

Have I ever been in love? Well no because Naeun unnie is  scaring me. She always says things like "Fine, go on. Fall in love. Jealousy will kill you or may I say, sex will kill you." So that is that. But I wanna try to fall in love though. I've never even kissed anyone before. It kinda sucks.

I mean, I'm gonna die sooner or later anyway so why can't I just do what I want? To answer my own question, it's because of my dad. He protects me like I'm some kind of an important person in the country. Like a president. He doesn't want to lose me too soon. The pain of losing grandpa is still in my dad's mind and heart. He haven't moved on yet even though years had already passed. The pain is still there, in his heart. The scar is still there and hasn't healed yet.

So me being a good daughter, I guess, is doing what I can to just stay alive even though I really wanna escape from this unfair world. I mean, come on, death will set you free from all this bullshit. Excuse my language.

The only thing I wanna do before dying is to fall in love. I mean I can handle the chest pain and shortness of breath so why not? The only problem is heart attack. I just want to feel loved. I'm craving for love. Okay, and maybe sex too. Yes, I want to feel that freaking sex. I mean, Joy always comes to my room explaining every detail of her damn sex with her girlfriend. Yes, girlfriend. She's gay and her girlfriend is Yeri. I don't know if I'm gay too though. I mean, yes, I'm attracted to girls like Naeun unnie but not like I want to be lovey dovey with her kind of thing. So who knows?

I mean, that girl whom Naeun unnie was talking to earlier was indeed beautiful and hot. Am I gay? Am I?

"Roseanne, are you even listening to me? Hello? Earth to Park Roseanne." Naeun unnie snapped her fingers and raised her eyebrow at me. "What's wrong with you? Got stuck in your imagination?"

"Lalisa Manoban is the girl's name right?" I asked Naeun unnie while getting my phone behind her.

She frowned. "Yeah, why?" Then she raised her eyebrow. God, that eyebrow. I wanna shave it off. Its damn irritating when she does that.

I opened my phone and searched on facebook "Lalisa Manoban". I clicked the first account that popped. I started stalking her and I can see that she's a dancer. Her brown hair was tied in a ponytail in her profile picture with a motorbike. Is that hers? She's so pretty.

"Roseanne, your gayness is showing." Naeun unnie said then she took my phone away.

"Hey, hey, hey!" I said, grabbing my phone but she's faster than me so I didn't even get the chance to touch my phone.

"Stop it. You know you can't fall in love. It will kill you." I mocked Naeun unnie. "I know! I'm just stalking her and that doesn't mean I'm in love with her. Get your ass together unnie." I said, slapping her butt when she turned around.

"What the hell, Roseanne. You're slapping butts now?" She asked, surprised at my sudden boldness.

"What the hell, Naeun unnie. You're stealing phones now?" Then I crossed my arms, raising my eyebrow at her. We both laughed at our silliness.

She returned my phone and I sent a friend request to Lalisa on facebook, hoping that she'll accept it. I mean, she's grandma Alice's grandchild so I bet she's nice. But then again, she doesn't know me so why would she freaking accept the friend request? Stupid me.