10

Lisa's POV

"What are you doing here?" I asked, dumbstruck. Of course she's here because she's sick but why now of all times? Is this a coincidence? Destiny maybe. Oh shut up, I don't believe in destiny or whatsoever.

Chaeng spreaded her arms like she was doing magic. "What do you think?" She asked, chuckling like she's stating something obvious.

I playfully rolled my eyes at her. "Sorry for not having a common sense." I said as I started walking towards her.

"It's fine. You're cute anyways so I'll let this pass." Then she giggled. I smiled at her. She has a great giggle. It was soft and cute at the same time. I blushed when I realized that she called me "cute". My gay ass is screaming right now.

"So I'm guessing you're here for a check up too?" I asked unsure of my guess. She nodded then something on her eyes flickered. It was sadness. It was only quick but I saw it.

I kneeled in front of her. Then an idea popped out of my head, like a light bulb popping out in a movie. "Wanna go for a tour?" I asked, unsure of my idea. Chaeng maybe lived her whole life here in the hospital so she might have looked around already.

But my worries went away my body when I saw her smile. "I'd love that." My heart started flipping on its own, happy to see Chaeng smile like that. I think I might melt.

I stood up and went behind Chaeyoung's wheelchair so I can push her. I put my phone on my pocket and my left hand is multi-tasking because it's holding the juice while pushing.

"How was the check up?" I asked Chaeyoung as we went in the elevator. "Same old, same old." She said then the elevator closed.

I pushed the button for the bottom floor, where the trauma floor is and opened the pineapple juice and drank it quickly. After drinking it, I threw it at the trash can right beside me.

"What do you mean?" I asked then Justin Bieber's song popped in my head. Why does it always pops?! Like it's already 2019! Let my mind rest in peace!

I heard Chaeng sighed and that made me sad like something went on top of my shoulder and my body went heavy. "Nothing's changed. We're just wasting money and time because of these stupid check ups."

I went in front of her and kneeled again. Her head was bowed down so I cupped her cheeks with my hands and made her look up. "Don't lose hope." I said then she put her hands on top of my hands and moved it away.

"That's what they always say." She said with a gloomy face. "But I'm still here. In this fucking hospital." Let me just say that the way she said 'fucking' was so damn sexy. Damn that Australian accent!

I brought my lips slowly to her forehead, giving her another forehead kiss. "You'll get a new heart. I can feel it." I said truthfully. I can really feel it though. That she'll get a new heart. Not now but soon.

"Are you Naeun unnie?" She chuckled, making me chuckle too. The elevator opened so I quickly went behind her and started pushing the wheelchair before it closes.

We went in the Emergency Room where patients need immediate care. Chaos was in the room and I had to stop myself from laughing when a doctor tripped but Chaeng just let out her laugh which made me let out mine too.

"I love this floor the most. Welcome to the Emergency Room." I said as we stared at the screaming patients, nurses running, and doctors kinda panicking.

But one patient caught my attention. IS. THAT. A. FUCKING. AXE. ON. HIS. CHEST?! "Woah." I breathed out. Chaeng looked up to see my face so she can follow my gaze at what I'm staring at. Then she breathed out too.

I saw Naeun unnie seconds later, running. The other doctors are kinda panicking but she... she was different. Her face was relaxed like she's used to it. Maybe the other doctors are just interns. They're training maybe? Is this a medical school?

Naeun unnie inspected the patient then she looked up and saw Chaeng. Her eyebrows furrowed and her mouth formed into an 'O'. Then her eyes met mine which sent chills down my spine. Oh shit. We've been found out.

"Oh crap." Chaeng mumbled, making me turn the wheelchair and ran straight out of the Emergency Room. I started screaming while Chaeng was laughing her ass off.

She put her arms up, enjoying the ride. "Yah! How can you enjoy this?" I laughed at her and we went straight to the elevator. I quickly pushed the number 3 button.

I saw Naeun unnie just got out of the Emergency Room then our eyes met again. The elevator closes which made me sigh in relief. I thought I was a goner.

"Well, that was fun." Chaeng suddenly said and we both laughed out loud, making the other people inside the elevator uncomfortable.

The elevator opened on the third floor so I started pushing the wheelchair again. "This my second fav, though seeing this floor breaks my heart a little." I said as I turned my head to look around. Rainbows and unicorns... and it breaks my heart that somewhere around this room is a kid dying.

"It's been ages since I last got here." I heard Chaeng mumbled. My heart breaks a little when I heard that. So she really did live her whole life in this hospital.

As I pushed the wheelchair in the hallways, most of the kids in their room turned their heads to face Chaeng.

"Is that Chaeyoung unnie?" One of the kid asked to his fellow roommate who is also sick.

They slowly get out of their bed and started pulling their dextrose stand towards us.

Chaeng's face lit up when she saw the kids. "Unnie! It's been ages!" One boy and one girl. From the way they look, they might be 12.

Then both of them turned their faces to look at me. "Who's this, unnie? Your girlfriend?" The boy asked with a smirk, making Chaeng blush. I blushed a little too. They are only kids and yet, they asked that question!

"W-what are you saying, John?" Chaeng stuttered which I found cute. John? That's a foreign name. He doesn't like a foreigner though.

Then John stretched out her arms to me and started waving his hands like doing some kind of magic. "I mean, look at her! She's hot and you're hot! You guys would look good together!" I chuckled at what John said. I glanced at Chaeng who turned red like a tomato. What a cutie.

"But I'm hotter." said the girl while crossing her arms. John looked at the girl with a disgusted look which made me laugh. They're cute.

Then a nurse came in and started dragging the two away. They waved us goodbye before going back to their room.

"They're orphans." Chaeng suddenly said which made me turn my head towards her quickly that I thought I broke my neck.

"They aren't related. It's just that they were on a bus that time and the bus got into an accident. All the passengers died except them." Chaeng continued as I pushed her wheelchair. I was shocked. They went into something so traumatizing.

"Because of shock, they lost their memory. They didn't even get to say their names. So the staffs started calling them John Doe and Jane Doe." She continued. Good thing I know what John Doe and Jane Doe means because I watch Grey's Anatomy. "John Doe" and "Jane Doe" are multiple-use names that are used when the true name of a person is unknown or is being intentionally concealed. That's what it said in google.

We got into the elevator again and pushed number four. "I was 18 when I met them and they were only 9. When I saw them, I though that I'm so lucky that I didn't get to experience what they experienced but now, I'm having second thoughts."

Both of us went quiet. I didn't know what to say. So instead of speaking for comfort, I kneeled in front of her again. I snaked my arms to Chaeng's back and pulled her towards me, hugging her.

"You'll get a new heart. I swear it. I swear it on my grandpa's grave."