14

Chaeyoung's POV

"Chaeng, do you believe in destiny, fate or something?" Lisa suddenly asked, making me stop drawing her. I looked up and met her brown eyes gazing mine.

She was only inches away from me because we're both sitting in the bed. I put my pencil down and put my left hand on my chin, like thinking.

"I don't know actually. How about you?" I looked up and was met by Lisa's bright smile. She's smiling from ear to ear and I asked, "Do you believe in it?"

Lisa hastily nodded. "Of course!" I chuckled at her answer. Why is she so cute? Can someone answer me? How can someone be so cute and at the same time hot? And also beautiful. She's perfect.

"Why is that?" I asked her, then she crawled slowly towards me; making my heartbeat go louder. Here we go again. Heart, calm down please. You are not making this easy.

"Because everything happens for a reason." She said as she reached out her hand to touch me. "You don't meet people by accident. There's always a reason." She continued, slipping her arm to my waist.

"You met them for a reason. It's either a lesson or a blessing." She then moved her head forward, making my body move backward but she stopped me using her arm around my waist.

"I wonder what will I be in your life?" She asked, our faces are only centimeters apart so I closed my eyes. Here we go again. I know she's not gonna kiss me but I can't help it but to feel nervous. I always feel nervous whenever she does that.

I felt warm lips against my forehead and her other arm slipped in my waist. "A blessing, of course." I said confidently then she hugged me, my face on her shoulder. When her scent met my nose, I melted. She smells so perfect, so good.

"I feel like I'll be both though." She mumbled but I heard it. I put my arms around her neck and hugged her tighter. "I'll be the one who gets to decide that, Pokpak." She chuckled when she heard me say Pokpak.

Then suddenly, the door of my room bursted open; revealing me Dr. Son Naeun. Oh no. She raised her eyebrow at us, making us both pull back from the hug.

Naeun unnie isn't alone though. Beside her was a tall woman with wavy brown hair and she has bangs. She sure is tall but Naeun unnie is taller. That must be Naeun unnie's girlfriend. She's cute and charming. I got to say, Naeun unnie has a taste! No doubt about it.

 I got to say, Naeun unnie has a taste! No doubt about it

(Oh Hayoung of Apink. Maknae)

Naeun unnie crossed her arms at us with still a raised eyebrow. Oh no. I forgot that we're still in trouble. Why is Naeun unnie so sensitive when it comes to Lisa? That's because she knows that Lisa will be the death of you. Shut up, inner mind. I know that it's dangerous being with her all the time but she's not doing anything that will hurt my feelings or my heart. Whatever. You only live once anyways.

"H-hello, good morning unnie." I stuttered. Lisa waved hello to Naeun unnie and I noticed that her hands are trembling. Why are we so scared of Naeun unnie anyways?!

The girl beside Naeun unnie, slapped Naeun unnie's shoulder; making Lisa and I laugh. "Don't scare the kids!" Let me just say that she has a soft voice. Naeun unnie yelped, glaring at the girl beside her.

Naeun unnie rolled her eyes at her then she faked a smile, making Lisa and I hitched uncomfortably in the bed. Oh no. I am not liking where this is going.

"Guys, this is my girlfriend, Oh Hayoung." Hayoung unnie extended her hand to us so we shook it. "She's a neuro surgeon, same age as you guys so don't bother saying unnie to her." I almost choked in my own saliva because of what Naeun unnie said. She's the same age as us and she's a doctor?! How?!

"Wow. Neuro is for the brain, right?" Hayoung nodded at what Lisa asked. "You operate on the brain? That's like the most complicated part of the human body! I idolize you!" Lisa's amazement can be heard in her voice. She has this sparkles on her eyes whenever she talks like that.

Naeun unnie rolled her eyes at Lisa and Hayoung. "Sure, what am I? A rock?" I chuckled at what Naeun unnie just said. "I idolize you, unnie." I said, making Naeun unnie's facial expression soft.

Naeun unnie started stepping forward while Lisa and Hayoung keeps on talking to each other. "I'm just gonna check up on you and we'll be on our way."

Naeun unnie took off her stethoscope around her neck and started using it on my chest, hearing my heartbeat. "Your heart is beating fast. Are you okay?" It's because Lisa hugged me earlier.

I nodded but Naeun unnie frowned at me like I'm lying. "I'm really okay!" I said being defensive. Naeun unnie jist rolled her eyes at me and sighed in defeat.

"Did you take your meds?" She asked as she went to my table, where my medicines are kept. I nodded again.

"If there is a problem," I breathed in and started mocking her tone. "press the blue button." Naeun unnie gave me a glare when I did that but I chuckled. She may be scary but she can be cute sometimes.

"How do I get to the donor list?" I didn't mean to hear what Lisa and Hayoung are talking about because they are both just beside me.

Naeun unnie stopped what she was doing too and stared at Hayoung and Lisa. "I'll call you and get you to that list, okay? Don't sweat it." Lisa nodded happily.

Out of anger, Naeun unnie started dragging Hayoung away from the both of us. I think all of us knows what Lisa is up to.

Even though Hayoung is struggling from Naeun unnie's grip, Naeun unnie still managed to dragged Hayoung away. She's strong and scary but Naeun unnie is a bit clumsy sometimes so I bet they'll trip in the stairs or not.

When they were completely gone, I turned my head to face Lisa with a frown on my face. "Donor list?" I asked Lisa then she just shrugged like it wasn't a big deal.

"It's just a precautionary measure, Chaeng." She said, making me frown more. What the heck is she saying?

"How is that a precautionary measure?" My voice raised a little but I can't help it. I'm angry. Why would she put herself in a fucking donor list?!

"In case something happens to me, I want my organs to be donated." She said seriously, making my frown disappear. "At least I got to save people if I died, right?" Then she looked at me with a bright smile. How can she still smile at times like this?

"I want to be someone's hero before going to heaven, Chaeng." And just like that, my anger slipped away and I felt tears streaming down my cheeks. I never thought that I would meet a real angel in person.