06

Chaeyoung's POV

"So what do you do to kill time?" Lisa asked, laying beside me on my bed.

"Watch movies or series, read books, listen to music and play my guitar." I said, looking at the ceiling. We've been doing this for like an hour now. We're doing the question and answer portion.

"You play the guitar? Play me a songggggg, Chaeeeeeeng." She acted cute like a kid who wants a toy.

I chuckled. "Okay, okay. Maybe tomorrow."

"What are you gonna play for me?" She asked, looking up and meeting my eyes. I saw her eyes sparkle like stars in the night sky. How can anyone be this pretty?

"It's a surprise." I smiled then she pouted. Cute.

It's my turn to ask her a question. "Cats or Dogs?" I asked but I think, I know her answer already.

"Cats." I chuckled. Of course, Leo.

"Are you girly or not?" Lisa asked, doing that thing on her hands like she's connecting something in the air.

"Something in between I guess." I am kinda girly and not though. Oh well.

"Do you have any siblings?" I asked her, running my fingers through her cute bangs.

"I'm an only child, Chaeng. How about you?" She asked, getting my hand and tangling her fingers with mine which made my heart go wild again.

"I have a s-sister." I choked out, controlling my breaths. This is so comforting and at the same time, it hurts.

Be calm, Park Roseanne. It's just holding hands damn it.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and took a deep breath. It's fine, I'm gonna be just fine. I closed my eyes and took another deep breath. Suddenly, I felt a warm hand touched my face and when I opened my eyes, I saw her brown orbs looking at me with concern.

"Are you alright?" She asked, leaning closer to check me. Our face was only inches apart and it made my heart drive crazy again. Ugh damn it, Lalisa Manoban!

"L-lisa..." I choked out.

"Do you need anything?" She asked, standing up, panic filled her body.

"Y-you're making my heart crazy." I whispered but she heard it. She let go of my hand and stared at me with love in her eyes. It wasn't concern or lust but it was love. Her eyes were filled with love while looking at me but soon after, it changed into horror. I don't know why it changed to that but I have a hunch why. Maybe, she's afraid that she might be the reason of my death. My cause of death will be like: Lalisa Manoban.

She composed herself and took a deep breath. "You're making my heart crazy too." And after that, she blushed which made me blush more.

It took me minutes to calm myself down with the help of Lisa. She was rubbing my back all the way and helping me breathe. After calming me, we heard the door down stairs open and foot steps were heard.

Before anyone of us could react to what was happening, the door on my room opened, revealing the most beautiful doctor in the whole universe. Okay, I'm exaggerating. But Naeun unnie is indeed the most beautiful doctor I've ever met.

"Well, well. Care to explain why Chorong unnie is not here and Lalisa Manoban is here?" Naeun unnie asked, raising her eyebrow. Ugh, that damn eyebrow again.

Lisa's POV

"H-hi Naeun unnie." I awkwardly waved my hand and Chaeng did the same. Naeun unnie just stared at us like she's peeling off our skin. How come this beautiful woman can be this scary?

"Lisa, you should probably go if you don't want to get caught up in this." Chaeng whispered at me, pushing me to the door. "I'll chat you, don't worry." She whispered again, making sure that Naeun unnie didn't hear her.

I bowed at Naeun unnie and walked off, making the heaviness on my shoulder drop. Wooh! And I thought I was a goner.

I went back to my house and went quickly to my room, ignoring my mom who's cooking dinner.

I observed Chaeng and Naeun unnie from my window and I can tell that Naeun unnie is shouting and stresssed was all over her face. Chaeng, who was still calm, started talking to her and suddenly, Naeun unnie's expression changed. From mad and stressed to sad and soft.

Chaeng was smiling but Naeun unnie turned around and I couldn't tell what was going on but I think she was crying. I mean, she wiped something off her face.

What was happening? Am I too dangerous to go hang out with Chaeng? Is her disease that terrible? Are we gonna end up strangers again?

I just don't know what's going on but I know one thing for sure, the moment I saw her across my window; my heart skipped a beat and I think it was love at first sight. So cliché I know. But knowing myself, I don't believe in love at first sight. Well until now. The moment I saw her, I want to take care of her even if it's the last thing I do.

Chaeyoung's POV

After Lisa left, Naeun unnie exploded like a volcano. "What were you thinking?!" She shouted at me, pacing back and forth in my room.

"You are sick! Stop acting like a normal kid for once in your life! You could have died!" She continued, anger and stressed can be seen in her face. I stayed calm because knowing Naeun unnie, when she's mad; she says things that she didn't mean to.

"And what about me? What about me if you died and went to that goddamn light?! What do you think would I feel? Yes, I am your doctor but you've been my patient for like 5 years now!" She ran her fingers through her hair, frustrated.

"What would my superiors would say if they saw me weeping at my patient? They would laugh at me and say things like 'Son Naeun, you are a doctor. Not that person's relative or anything. Stop being attached. That will lead you to your downfall someday' like fuck them. This is my life. I get attached to anyone who gets close to me! That's me!" She continued talking like a maniac. She stomped her foot on the floor, still angry.

"Unnie." I interrupted her moment. She looked at me and shouted. "What?!"

"You are both. You are a good doctor and a person who easily gets attached to her patients. You can't just let go of the other one." I said calmly, looking at her eyes.

I gave her a warm smile. "And let me say this, you are doing a great job taking care of me. Thank you." She dropped her anger and suddenly, sorrow filled her eyes like she knows what will I say next.

"But stop protecting me already. I only have 4 months left and I don't think that my heart will come." A tear left Naeun unnie's eyes. She turned around and quickly wiped it off but she continued to cry quietly.

"You are not gonna die, Park Roseanne." She sobbed out, still crying.

"I will." I whispered so she won't hear me. I looked up at my window and met Lisa's gaze filled with sorrow. She pities me. Eveyone does.