18

Chaeyoung's POV

It's already this late but Lisa is not yet home. Did something happen to her? I heard that parties can be a bit wild. Like drugs and other stuffs.

I just watched a movie to kill the time. It's already my third movie and yet, no sign of the Thai girl, Lalisa Manoban. I really have a feeling that something bad has happened to Lisa.

The movie I'm watching suddenly played a song, the song "Reflection" started playing so I started singing a long. Yes, I am watching Mulan. I don't care how old I am, I love cartoons. Judge me all you want but I am never gonna grow up. Ever.

I'm not in the movie room if you guys are wondering. I'm using my laptop who is resting on top of my lap. There's no window in the movie room so I can't see if Lisa is already in front so I preferred to just watch in my own room.

I hit the space bar to paused it for I heard a car's engine suddenly stopped in front. I slowly put aside my laptop in my bed and slowly crawled myself towards the end of my bed.

I slided my legs down the bed and started walking slowly. I heard Lisa's voice so I'm sure that she's already here. "Jennie, let go!" Her voice came out harshly.

When I finally got to my window and see clearly, my knees weakened. I put both of my hands on my chest, to control my heart. It didn't help though for my chest started to tighten and my heart is beating so fast that it made breathing so hard.

My knees couldn't take it any longer so I fell down on the floor. I started breathing so fast and I keep on hitting the floor to make my family notice that something is wrong with me. I couldn't breathe. I can but everytime I try, my heart hurts. Tears started streaming down my face when I realized that I'm dying. I'm dying, aren't I?

Even though I'm at this verge of dying, I didn't think of my situation. Instead, I thought of Lisa. Why is she and Jennie kissing? Are they together? Is that what Lisa wanted to say after the party? That she and Jennie are now dating?

What am I to her? A fucking joke? Did she just give me false hopes from the beginning? Why is she so sweet to me if she has Jennie as her girlfriend? Did she just play with my feelings? I hope it's all a lie because I can't take it.

Minutes later, my sister came into my room with horror struck on her face. She ran straight to my bed and hit the blue button. I felt cold hands wrapped around my waist and I can hear my sister screaming for mom and dad.

"Park Roseanne! Stay with me, stay with me!" I can hear my sister screaming. My eyes met hers and she's crying. My sister? Crying because of me? She doesn't cry when she's around. She always wants to have that brave face on her face whenever we talk. But who knew that the brave face can be removed? Does this really mean that I'm dying?

My sister held me in my cheek and whispered, "You are not gonna die, okay?" She said in between her sobs. Mom and dad came into my room seconds later and they started calling Naeun unnie.

Dad gave my sister the bag valve mask and she put it on me, to help me breathe. I feel like my whole body is about to burst. My sister keeps on talking and talking but I couldn't hear her anymore. It felt like my ears were gone. Mom silently cried while looking at me and dad had both of his hands on his hair, frustrated.

This scene only means one thing... that I'm dying. I closed my eyes and I can feel my sister started shaking me but I can't hear a thing. It's like the world has been muted. What is happening to me?

Suddenly, I felt warm hands on my face so I opened my eyes. It was Naeun unnie's hands. She started speaking but I couldn't hear her. So what I did was to read her lips. She said that I'm not gonna die and that she'll take care of me. How, unnie? You're not God, you can't stop deaths.

She lifted me up with the help of a paramedic and together, they put me on a trauma board. Naeun unnie started slapping my cheek lightly and she keeps on talking. Stop talking, unnie. You're just wasting your breath. I can't hear you.

We started going down while Naeun unnie is still by my side. I saw tears starting to fall down her cheek but she's trying so hard to stop it. Why is my doctor crying? Am I really dying?

My eyelids started to feel heavy so I have no choice but to closed my eyes. My body went numb and I couldn't feel a thing anymore.

Is this how it feels like to die? Am I going to heaven now? If I'm going to heaven that is. Will I finally have my escape?

"Chaeyoung..." I opened my eyes when I heard Lisa's voice. I'm already inside the ambulance but no Lisa on sight. How did I hear her? Why did I hear her? I'm pretty sure that I couldn't hear a thing earlier.

Naeun unnie brought her hands again on my face and with tears on her face, she spoke, "Don't you fucking die on me! You fight, okay?!"

I was surprised that Naeun unnie cursed at me. "Do you hear me?!" She added. I brought my hand slowly up on her face to give her a sign that I did hear her.

When my hand finally got to her cheek. I started wiping her tears away. I heard you loud and clear, unnie. But I'm not sure if I still want to fight after what I saw earlier. I feel like dying physically and emotionally.

Why did you kiss her Lisa?

~~~

Sorry for the late update guuuuuys. I forgot that today is update day 🤦🏻‍♀️