A Spider's Bite

Last Time:

The group didn't notice a war balloon closing in on them ...

XXXXXXXXXX

Aang stirred Appa onto the stone floor of an ancient temple that was built into the side of a cliff. They decided to change course and go to the western air temple when they were almost spotted by fire nation soldiers after the invasion.

"Wow ... this place is cool!" said Naruto as he gazed at the ancient buildings that almost seemed upside down.

"Yeah ... I'll show you guys around!" said Aang excitedly as he hopped off Appa.

"Hold on, Aang! We should take a minute to discuss what we're going to do next." said Katara.

"Ook." He said and slumped onto a stone bench next to Naruto.

Katara sat next to her father and brother, "So what's the new plan?"

"If you ask me, the new plan is the old one. We help Aang master all the elements and he defeats Ozai." Sokka exclaimed.

"But I need a fire bending teacher." said Aang.

Hakoda nodded, "That is a problem, but we have time and your new techniques Naruto taught you so everything should be fine. I should go and try to get in contact with the rebels to get everyone ready for Sozin's comet."

"Do you have to go, Dad?" asked Katara

"Yes, Katara, but it won't be for long. I'm so proud of you two." Naruto and Aang smiled as the father hugged his children goodbye and left through the back tunnels after Aang told him the way.

Aang grinned, "Alright! Let's go, Naruto! I want to show you the all day echo chamber!"

"Sweet!" The two avatars and Kyu ran off to explore the amazing air temple. "This place is cool!" said the blonde as they past the giant chess set. "We-... Aang, we have company" he whispered as he held Kyu as he jumped up and stuck to the ceiling. He stayed out of sight ready to attack if necessary.

The air bender turned and saw, "Zuko?"

Sure enough it was the former prince who was looking a little nervous, "Ummm hi, I ... listen I know I attacked and tried to kill you before, but I'm not like that anymore ... I want to help and even train you in fire bending."

"Wow! What luck- whoa!" Naruto yelped and dodged a fireball that was thrown by the startled fire bender who didn't expect Naruto to drop from the ceiling.

"Zuko! wait that's Naruto, he's a friend!" yelled Aang.

Zuko's eyes widened and he froze the second he saw the blonde ninja, "I'm sorry! I didn't- ... are you ok?"

Naruto stood up with Kyu in his arms, "We're ok. Right, Kyu?" The slightly frazzled little fox yipped. "You have some fast reflexes."

The banished prince sighed in relief, "Thanks. I'm glad you're ok, it's very easy to lose control and hurt someone with fire bending."

"Sounds like you are the right teacher for me Zuko. I lost control the last time I did fire bending and hurt Katara so I want a teacher who understands that ... umm would it be alright if you trained Naruto too?" asked Aang

"You're a fire bender?" Zuko asked the blonde ninja.

Kyu hopped on to Naruto's shoulder as he chuckled, "Well ... not exactly."

Aang grinned, "He's an avatar too!" Zuko raised an eyebrow. "It's a long story ... come on. Let's go see the others. Katara might not be happy about this though."