"Er, can I help you?" I politely asked, and he looked up with piercing amber eyes. His face was clean shaven, relatively handsome in that Caucasian muscle-head jock sort of way, but his muscles and overall size made him a little intimidating.

I swallowed when his hand tightened on my hair.

"Yes," he said in a deep, unfamiliar voice and with a jerk I was tugged by my hair and right into his arms. I squealed and flailed in surprise, instantly smacking at his face, but to my confusion he lifted me up and hugged me tightly, burying his face in my shoulder.

I went still when I heard him sobbing, and my eyes went impossibly wide.

"Aw, come on Darryl, stop!" the skinny guy wheedled, smacking his forehead. "You're gonna piss his mate and his pack off! Let him down and let's keep going, okay? Okay, big guy?"

"B-b-but he and his husband gave us a home!" he blubbered, and to my further shock he pulled back to reveal that he was crying like a little kid, with a runny nose and everything; his lips quivered as he looked at me with black, watery eyes. "He made Horst happy! And Jak! I haven't seen either of them act that way towards each other, ever! It's just... I'm sooo happy..."

He sobbed some more, cuddling me as he burbled, and I was just a washboard.

Completely stiff in his arms, and highly uncomfortable, because holy shit! 

What the fuck?!

After a moment, however, my heart softened and I hesitantly patted the back of his head.

"I'm glad that you guys are happy," I murmured, and he looked at me, eyes widening; the skinny guy seemed surprised as well but said nothing. "I honestly don't even know most of your names because you were never introduced to me, but knowing that you're all doing well despite all the fucked up shit that's been happening lately makes me feel better."

"You're so kind," he sniffed, mouth pulled into the most honest frown I'd ever seen; his eyes practically glittered as he pouted at me, nose still running. "Why can't all vampires be like you?!"

"Darryl, put him down," the skinny dude sighed, stepping forward and easing his thick arms until my feet touched the floor. Hair slid over my face but I pushed it back and stepped away, looking up at both of them. The skinny guy gave me an awkward glance, patting the big dude's back as he buried his face in his hands. "Sorry about my husband. He's... emotional. Very emotional, and he... can't control himself sometimes."

"It's okay," I said, waving a hand; I hesitantly lowered it. "Why did he hug me, though?"

"Everyone probably would if they could," he said, and to my surprise he seemed to be completely at ease; he winced after a second and touched his head, swaying slightly, but the blonde noticed and gasped, snatching him in a blur of movement. 

"I've got ya, Sam," he whispered, holding the limp guy close as his limbs twitched; his eyes snapped shut and I stepped back, alarmed, as the man convulsed, jaw snapping shut as he gasped for air through his nose. Limbs flew this way and that, jerking, writhing, and he arched.

"Is he okay?!" I squeaked, and the blonde looked at me with a pained expression.

"No, he isn't, and hasn't been for a long time," he said quietly, smoothing the skinny man's hair out of his face while he convulsed. "He has seizures. He has... depression. He tried to take sixteen bottles of medication and overdosed himself, but it didn't work. However, it gave him brain scarring that even his regenerative abilities can't heal."

"Do you want me to get something for him?" I asked, nervous. "Like, an ice pack? Or a cold cloth for when he comes out of it?"

Darryl's eyes softened and he smiled at me, square jaw loosening, blonde lashes wet.