13 - Fights, Tears, and Apartment Visits at 11:42

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters, only the plot. Thank you for reading, please enjoy the chapter, and follow me if you want immediate updates on when I post! <3
Love you all!
 ~ C
Warning: there are curse words in this chapter. Please don't... idk, get mad at me, please.

---

"I could break your nose, right now, if I wanted to."

"We both know you're not going to do that."

"Don't tempt me."

"C'mon, Annabeth. It was nothing."

"So our relationship was nothing? Is that what it was to you, Luke? Is that how little you think of me?"

We were outside, walking in a little village somewhere just outside of Manhattan. It was a quiet part of New York, especially at 7:58 PM. No one was around, and fortunately, there were no houses nearby, so we didn't have to worry about angry or nosy civilians.

He sighed. "Annabeth, I don't understand why you're angry. You...," he struggled for the words.

"What, I shouldn't be angry? I have a right to be angry. You screwed up. You ruined everythi- Are you even listening to me?"

"It wasn't what you think, you don't know-"

"I know plenty, Luke."

"Will you just listen to one thing I say? You just... You don't know the whole story, Anna."

"Don't call me that. I know what I saw, and I saw you cheating on me, Luke. I know that wasn't fake. All I want to know is why you did it."

"Ugh, fine!" he exclaimed, throwing his hands into the air. "You wanna know why? All you ever do is complain! You're always hanging out with that guy, what's his name, Percy? You see more of him than you see of me!"

"You don't get to play victim! First of all, the only thing I complain about is how the men at my work are so misogynistic and degrade me at every chance they get, and I don't need to come home to another man saying that I complain too much when it's only about the inequality I face everyday, unlike you, Luke! And second of all, you know I was only hanging out with Percy so much because we have an assignment together in our shared class. You can't turn your actions around on me, Luke!"

"Are you going to cry now?" he asked snarkily.

I just got so angry at him, right then. I really trusted him, and he replies like that. So, I smacked him across the face, hard.

"Ow! What was that for?"

"You cheated on me!"

"You hit me."

"You don't get to use my reaction to your actions as a reason for your actions! How could you do that? I trusted you! I trusted you, and you know I don't trust people easily." I turned away from him. "I can't do this anymore. Not with you."

He grabbed my wrist. "Annabeth...", he said softly. "I am so sorry. I messed up, so bad. But I want to fix it, if you'll give me another chance."

I wrenched my arm away from him, and held my hands over my ears. "Shut up. Just... shut up!" I whirled around to face him. "Get out! Get out of my life! I'll pack your stuff up tomorrow, just leave. You're so pathetic!"

Suddenly, his face turned cold. "No wonder no one likes you."

"Oh my God, I don't care!", I said exasperatedly. My face hardened. "Even if that were true, I wouldn't care. I know my own worth. Anyone else's opinion doesn't really matter, especially yours!"