11 - The Diner (Part Three)

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters, only the plot. Thank you so much for reading, my lovelies! I hope you enjoy the chapter!
If you
do happen to enjoy the chapter/book, please comment, vote, or check out some of my other stories. Thank you! <3

---

Percy

It was about eight months after the hospital, and Annabeth and I were doing great. She was just so amazing. She was funny, beautiful, smart, and my mom loved her. I was only slightly questioning whether I  did or not, but it wasn't much of a debate. I mean, I wasn't planning on telling her anytime soon, but I knew I loved her.

Anyway, we'd been dating for about seven and a half months. I was taking her out to dinner that night, and for some reason, never bothered to check the weather. I mean, we were only going to a little diner (with a surprise afterward), so I just put on a pair of jeans and a Green Day t-shirt, along with my jacket and a pair of gloves. And of course, a white pair of high top Converse.

I picked Annabeth up from Reyna's house, where the girls were hanging out all day.

"Hey, Wise Girl," I said, kissing her forehead. 

"Hey, Seaweed Brain," she replied. "Just let me get my wallet and jacket, and we can go." I nodded in response and she walked off.

Reyna walked up to me while Annabeth was searching for her lanyard, which had her house key on it.

"Hey, cuz," she said as she bumped my shoulder. I bumped her hip, and it soon turned in to a full on bump-war. We only stopped when she (practically) shoved my shoulder so hard I fell over the back of the couch, pushing Piper onto the floor.

"Aw, man, that hurt, Rey," I told her, sitting on the floor rubbing my shoulder.

"Tell me about it," Piper grumbled from her place on the floor next to me. She smacked my arm and got herself off of the shiny hardwood.

"Annabeth! Get your boyfriend outta here, his stupid butt pushed me off the couch!", Piper shouted.

Not a second after, Annabeth appeared from around the corner. "What'd you do now, Seaweed Brain?"

I raised my arms in defense. "Nothing! Reyna pushed me!"

Reyna crossed her arms and rolled her eyes. "Of course, Percy, put all the blame on me."

I just looked helplessly towards Annabeth. She winked at me, and turned to Piper. "Pipes, I'm sorry his 'stupid butt' pushed you off the couch, and Reyna, you should know better than to lie to me," she said, smirking.

Reyna just smiled and rolled her eyes, again, then hugged Annabeth and me, and we left her house.

Annabeth was wearing a pair of jeggings, her leather jacket over a grey turtle neck sweater, a purple scarf, a pair of gloves, and her brown knee-high boots. Her hair was down, letting her curls spill over her shoulders. She was also wearing the owl earrings her mother had given her when she turned thirteen, and the "P" necklace I'd given her last month. I thought it may be a bit conceited, but I remembered how much she loved it when Troy gave Gabriella a "T" necklace in High School Musical, and figured it was worth a shot.

Basically, she looked stunning.

Once we got to the diner, I rushed over to a two-person booth in the corner, next to the window. Annabeth laughed a bit, and walked after me. The waitress came over soon after, while we were joking around.

As I saw her walking up, I gestured to let Annabeth know. We sat back in our seats and looked at the waitress.

She pulled out her pen from her pocket, and smiled at us. She looked to be around 23-24, with her raven black hair out of the way in a slightly messy side braid, and sparkling blue eyes.