4 - Kiss The Girl (Mortal AU)

Disclaimer: I'm not Rick Riordan, so I only "own" the plot. I hope you enjoy the chapter, and thanks for reading! <33
This chapter is poorly edited, because I was tired, so sorry for any confusion or inconvenience.

---- 

Thalia's POV

Okay, so Percy and Annabeth are my two best friends. We're like family. I mean, Percy is literally my cousin, and I've known Annabeth since we were seven, so we're practically  family. The three of us hang out almost everyday. Half the time we're with our other friends, and it's great, you know? Thing is, ever since a few months ago, the two nimrods have been acting weird around each other. They've been all shy, and they both blush if they brush hands or something, and it didn't take a genius to figure out what was up. And Percy and Annabeth apparently aren't genius's.  

They so clearly like each other, even Percy's mom has figured it out! Aunt Sally teases him relentlessly, but he denies everything. tease Annabeth about it, but she does the same thing. Since everyone but those two have figured it out, I called a meeting with our friends.

"Alright, guys," I said, standing at the head of our dining room table. We figured it was better to use Jason and my's house than risk being caught at Percy's, or something, which is where we normally go.

"We all know Percy and Annabeth have a thing for each other, right?" Everybody nodded, while Piper actually looked up from her phone at this. She loves relationship stuff, as her mom is a model, but also has a passion (and a talent) for matchmaking. I guess Piper gets it from her.

"Okay, good. So, I've called you here today to discuss this. We need to get them together! I'm sick of the blushing, and the looking away when they make eye contact, and them acting all shy. It's getting annoying."

Hazel sat up straight. "Well, what do you suggest we do?"

I grinned. "Don't worry about that. I've got a plan, I just need some help with it. First, I need someone to distract them tomorrow. Hang out with them, go to the arcade whatever. Just get them to the park by one o'clock."

I looked around, waiting for someone to volunteer. Leo jumped up from his seat, knocking Jason's coffee over.

"Oops, sorry about that, buddy," he said, watching the warm liquid drip onto the carpet. As Jason and Piper stood up to get paper towels, Leo turned to me. 

"I'll do it. I have nothing to do tomorrow anyways. Let's get our distraction on, people!" Hazel pulled him down into his seat, and he continued to smile like he'd just saved the town from some robbers, or something. I sighed and thanked him.

"Alright, second, I'm going to need someone to film this whole thing at the park. Who's free?" I asked.

"I think I can do it," Frank answered. "Plus, I've got a pretty steady hand. My grandmother used to make me film at family reunions."

I nodded. "Great, thanks Animal Boy," I said, using his nickname (which originated from the time we went to the zoo and the animals were all interested in only him, and no one else). Lastly, anyone got a boombox?"

----

Piper's POV

Leo got Percy and Annabeth to the park on time. Annabeth was reading a book, and Percy and Leo were messing around with unsuspecting citizens. I told Leo to cut it out, using the hidden mics we had in our ears. The boys went over to where Annabeth was sat, and the three of them started talking. Frank was in position, sitting in the tree our friends were under.  My job was to tell Leo when to leave, and to tell Frank when to start filming. 

I heard Thalia in my ear, telling me to put the plan into action. "Leo," I whispered. "Get out of there."

I saw him nod subtly, and turn to the soon-to-be-couple, if all went right. "Guys!" he exclaimed. "I just remembered, I told Hazel I'd help her with something earlier, gotta go!" He sped up to his car, leaving Percy and Annabeth alone. They began to talk, but not like usual. It was reserved and polite, not best friends messing around with each other. It made me sad. It's like this crush thing has made them strangers, not brought them closer like I'd thought it would. They've become distant with one another lately, hardly speaking. Although, I guess the amount they've been texting makes up for it. When you see Annabeth on her phone, there's a 99% chance that she's messaging Percy, and vice versa.

Anyways, I heard Thalia again, telling me to give Frank the cue. I instructed him to begin filming, and told Thalia we were ready.

We looked back at Percy and Annabeth, who were sitting closer than they had been. Annabeth turned to Percy to ask him something, and he was already looking at her. Their faces were inches apart. Annabeth leaned in a little, but they both looked away, blushing like crazy. At that moment, the music was audible.

Thalia walked up to the pair, holding a boombox high above her head. It was playing the song "Kiss The Girl" from The Little Mermaid. Annabeth blushed even harder when she saw her friend, and Percy buried his face in his hands.

He looked up at the girl sitting next to him. "Look, I'm sor-"

He was cut off by Annabeth kissing him full on the lips. When she pulled away, Frank, Thalia, Leo, Hazel, Jason and I were clapping and whistling insanely loud. We got looks from other people, but Leo just shouted "THEIR FIRST KISS!" really enthusiastically at them, while largely pointing at the couple. The strangers just kinda nodded, confused expression still there, and turned back to whatever they were doing.

Meanwhile, Annabeth now buried her face in her hands, and Percy looked kinda dazed, yet happy. The rest of us gave each other knowing looks, and left the park to let them figure that out by themselves. Let's just say that the next day, they showed up at lunch in the same car, holding hands (while smiling), so it seems Thalia's plan worked.