16 - Lesson

"You can't be serious," I said once we walked through the doors to the gym.

"I said exercise babe, and this is one way to work on it," he chuckled.

Ever since Axel told me about the whole 'Lesson three' shit, I've been skeptical but of course he wouldn't tell me anything. I even tried slipping it out of his mouth, but no.

We walked towards a treadmill and I mentally thanked Axel for letting me change into some leggings and a normal black baggy t-shirt before we got here. On the other hand, Axel just wore black ripped jeans and a black t-shirt that hugged his chest and biceps. Any girl we'd walk past would swoon over the walking God.

"I'm going to say this again, you can't
be serious," I deadpanned.

He chuckled and pulled up a chair next to the treadmill, "Go ahead babe, go 40 and speed up every two minutes," he demanded.

I rolled my eyes at him and let out a huff, "But I just healed!" I exclaimed.

"No time for excuses, now go," he said in a more serious tone.

I groaned internally and started running on the treadmill. I guess he was trying to push my limits with the speed and time so I didn't complain the rest of the time there. My legs picked up it's speed until I looked like I was an Olympic runner, maybe even faster.

After 30 minutes of running, Axel stopped the treadmill and I got off casually, no sweat dripping down whatsoever. Axel examined my body and saw that I looked like I hadn't even run at all. He let out a small hum and led me over to the weights.

"C'mon babe, I'll spot you," he offered.

Axel started placing the cylinder weights onto the metal bar and I lifted it effortlessly. He continued to add more until he thought I had enough, but I thought they were only warm ups.

"Damn April, you really know how to lift huh?" Axel chuckled.

"Dude, I thought we were just getting started," I deadpanned.

He laughed even more but when he saw my emotionless face he stopped, "Are you serious?" He asked in bewilderment.

"Do you see sweat on my body Takeridge?" I asked rhetorically. He shook his head and I gave him a look that said 'then there's your answer.'

Someone had called Axel's name and he gave me an apologetic smile, "Hey babe, why don't you workout for a bit yeah? I'll see you in a second," he called over his shoulder. I gave him a thumbs up and started going around the gym and started doing my old workout routines.

I haven't been to the gym in such a long time, my body isn't as toned as it used to be since I stopped. And as much as I wanted to come here, I couldn't. For obvious reasons and also because it reminded me of my father too much. Everything that involved physical activity reminded me of my father and it hurt my heart to always think of him this way. To think of him now as only a memory.

"What do I do?" I asked worriedly.

"You run on it until you get tired honey," he answered as he placed me on the treadmill. It was my first time ever seeing one so I didn't know what to do. I was only 8.

My father started pushing some buttons and the ground started to move. I moved my feet with it and eventually started running to my full speed for 30 minutes, and boy was I sweating.

"You did good pumpkin, now lets head over here," he said gesturing towards the weights.

That whole day my dad showed me around the gym. Even introduced me to some of his friends who had seen him teaching me how to work some of the machines. Even though it was a weird type of bond to have with your daughter, it was still a bond to begin with. It didn't matter if I wanted to play princesses and ponies, my dad would dress up in his best Aurora costume and dance around with me.