Engaged to Johnny Cade (Johnny Cade Series part 1)

(This is in first person because it's told through me with my family and friends and the setting takes place at my house)
(This also takes place while "Johnny and I" are at the age of 19, and if you like this one I'll do more for the other characters too)

I was out of town, in Texas, visiting with my mom and celebrating the Fourth of July, while my boyfriend Johnny and his best friends were with my dad and brother in Tulsa Oklahoma. I was at my mom's house with her, my half brother, his two friends, and my grandpa. I was in the backyard when my half brother noticed a few cars pull in "hey Emma someone's here." My brother Bryan called and I took a look to see who was there, it was still light outside but the sun was setting in the distance behind us, the house was surrounded by trees making the sunset hard to view. "That's funny, those look like Steve's and Dallas' cars." I commented but it came out sounding like a question. The familiar faces of the boys popped out of the cars as they approached us, and by this time my family and my brothers two friends were quietly starring at them. "Hey boys!" I called out as the group of 7 boys accompanied by my brother Derrick walked towards me. "What are y'all doing here?" It had hit me that the boys took over a three and a half hour drive to get to me. The boys all stopped and Dallas who was standing next to Johnny patted him on the back and told me "Johnnykid here has something important to say to you." At this point my mind was racing, he came all this way to tell me something. Why? Was something wrong? Did something bad happen? Was someone hurt? "Go ahead Johnnycake." Two-Bit said with a serious tone. Two-Bit Mathews? Being serious? Something was definitely wrong. "....Johnny?...." I asked slowly. Johnny took a deep breath and seemed to relax slightly. "Emma... I know we've only been together for three years, maybe it's not such a long time. Maybe it is. I don't know, it seems like it's been forever, but it also feels like it hasn't been long at all. Do you remember that night on your 17th birthday when you had told me "someday we'll get out of this washed up old town. There's nothing for us here. One day we'll get a big house in the country, and it'll be you and me, and the gang. It'll be us... forever." And before we fell asleep in the lot that night, I said "yeah... someday." I remembered the night he was talking about, that was the best birthday of my life. "I fell in love with you because you and your dad helped me out more than I could imagine." Johnny was right, my dad took him in when I told him about Johnny, we gave him a spare room and my dad took care of Johnny as if he were his own son, Johnny hasn't seen his parents since he was 16, but he didn't care. It made him happy to be away. "When my parents would beat me or throw me out, you and your dad took me in. I could have showed up to your house at 3 in the morning and you wouldn't be angry that I woke you, and you wouldn't question me either. You let me stay with you. Hell you wouldn't even let me sleep in the lot because your house had an extra bedroom and warm food. Of course my folks didn't notice, but I don't need them." Johnny paused. Everyone was at this point starring at us, Johnny and me at lease standing two feet apart. "....Johnny?...." I mouthed but no one seemed to hear me because it was just barely enough for me to hear. Johnny continued trying unsuccessfully to fight back tears "I know we're still young, and we've still got the world on our shoulders and a lot ahead of us, but I love you, and I want to spend my life with you... that big house in the country? You and me? Forever? I want that, I don't want to wait for someday, someday should be today, it should be right now. So with all that being said.... will you be mine forever?" Johnny asked me stepping closer and pulling a ring out of his pocket. "Johnathan Cade!" I squealed smiling through the happy tears. I wrapped my arms around him and held him. Since it was the Fourth of July the fireworks were going off all around us. Tonight was absolutely perfect, by this time my mom was nearly to tears and the boys were all cheering. The moon was full and as I looked into Johnny's black eyes I could see the full moon reflecting into his pupils. "You never answered my question... will you marry me?" I couldn't help but smile at him. "Yes, Johnny. I will." He kissed me and the gang and all the other boys  continued to cheer. My mom was smiling through her own tears at this point. "Emma Cade has a nice ring too it huh?" Two-Bit asked with a huge grin plastered upon his face. "It sure does..." Johnny and I said at the same time.