Chapter 40: Aaron

Aaron, 2026

Los Angeles, CA

"What the hell, Aaron?" said the pretty teenage boy with blue eyes and blonde hair that swept across his forehead.

"We're literally in the middle of our Vidcon tour. How can you just leave right now?" said another boy with tan skin and long eyelashes. "Would you please stop packing and talk to us?" Eight other teenagers chimed in and agreed.

"I know, I know, I know. It's the annual summer tour for Magcon 5. I'm aware of that," Aaron sighed sympathetically. "But this is super important guys. I can't miss this for the world. And I don't see why you're all fretting. The tour isn't ending or anything. The crew will still be here with you guys."

"It's not that we're worried that the event will come crashing to flames if you leave or anything. It's the fact that, you know, our creater won't physically be there," one internet sensation said.

"Yeah, for moral support and stuff. It'll be weird without you, Aaron."

"Can you at least tell us where the hell you're going?"

Aaron sighed deeply and turned to face all of the boys. "I'm going to a wedding."

All of them groaned in unison and frustration. "Stop being so vague! At least tell us whose wedding."

"That's irrelevant, guys."

"No, you know what, Aaron. It's not. We hate how you're so worried about making sure we stay a family, when we don't even know the first thing about you. You're so secretive."

"Yeah, like don't even trip about the fam breaking apart. We're thicker than blood. It's you who should worry about drifting from us if you're just going to leave in the middle of tour and keep everything a secret." The rest of the boys agreed simultaneously.

"First of all, Nathan," Aaron said, continuing to pack clothes into his brief case. "That's the most important thing to worry about; you guys. Being friends as long as you can because one day you will all be seperated and all these friendships will be something you look back at. That's reality."

"Why are you so certain that Magcon is gonna break up? That's not very encouraging, Aaron."

"Because you guys will!" He exclaimed navigating around the hotel room and storing items into his suitcase. "Just take my word for it boys. Trust me, I know."

"You say this like you've experienced it before or something," one of the boys mumbled. Aaron turned to face the eight of them with a stern look. "Oh my god, you have experienced it before, haven't you?"

"What are you keeping from us?" The rest of the boys jumped in.

"All right, calm down," Aaron hissed. He ran his fingers through his hair and rolled his eyes. "Sit down. Story time." The eight boys climbed on to the bed opposite from Aaron's as they gave him their full of attention.He sighed heavily before reaching deep into his suitcase and retrieving an eleven year old laminated flyer.

"Eleven years ago, I use to be pretty big on the internet, too. There was this app called Vine that was famous a decade ago, and it made me and these eight other boys pretty famous at the time." He revealed the flyer to the boys. "We were the first ever Magcon."

The boys' faces were in disbelief so Aaron continued. "I'm going to tell you right now. I don't keep in touch with any of these boys. Jack Gilinsky," he pointed to the first picture of the nine, "is an import model. He does lines from Calvin Klein to Louis Vuitton to Armani Exchange. Dude is huge, if you're into fashion."