Ode to Life

Preface

Somewhere in the middle of Toronto

They gazed at the enormous lake before their eyes. It was the kind of view that regardless of what professional camera you used, no quality would be proficient enough to capture the beauty of it all.

The way the moonlight hit the water and glistened upon the reflection. The way the wind made a trickling sound whenever it would hit the dark, navy waves. The way the eyes of two lovers sparkled as they shared this moment together. It was a glorious sight only the human eye could behold.

Suddenly, Cameron peeled his shirt off, unbuttoned his shorts and ran down the hill.

"Are you insane? What are you doing?!" Ariel called.

"Living life," Cameron yelled back. She watched as Cameron shot his arms to the air and ran to the water in nothing but his Calvin Klein underwear. She just stood there, appalled yet enjoyed how ridiculous, how young, how free and how sexy he looked.

"Oh, shit! That's cold!" Cameron cried as he carelessly jumped in the lake. The water reached to his hips and sent shivers to his whole body.

"W-What am I suppose to do, just take my clothes off?" Ariel called.

"That would be nice," Cameron replied. Ariel rolled her eyes. "Just do whatever you're comfortable with. No limitations, remember that!"

So, she stripped from her clothes and revealed her lace undergarments. She never had self conscious issues when it came to her body, so there was no use of acting coy.

She simply shot her arms out to the air and ran down the hill, aiming straight to the sparkling, emerald lake and yelled a chant, "ODE TO LIFE!" Cameron laughed and applauded as he watched her collide into the lake.

"HOLY SHIT!" Ariel screamed the instant her body came in contact with the water. She impulsively attempted to run back out, but before she could, Cameron took her by the nape of her neck and in one swift movement, carried her in his arms bridal style. He spun around the ice cold water rapidly, with her shouting and laughing as they moved deeper into the lake.

Once they were in the center and had gotten use to the temperature, Cameron released Ariel and dipped her into the water.

"What did you say while you were getting in?" Cameron asked.

"Ode to life?"

"Yeah. That."

"Oh. I said, Ode to life," Ariel giggled.

"Ode to life?"

Ariel nodded. "Ode to life."

"Ode to life."

Ariel laughed. "You're ridiculous." She splashed him, instantly created an intense splash battle. They were laughing and enjoying every moment of each other when suddenly, their fighting had led to an intimate and intense position. Cameron held her wrists together and their faces were inches apart.

His intense gaze pierced her face and all he could notice was how the moon reflected on her eyes and how real the intimacy felt between the two of them.

Without another second to think, Cameron released his grasp on her wrists, took hold of her face and pulled Ariel into their very first kiss. The kind of kiss that was tender, brief yet passionate no less.

***

Thank you so much for reading the preface to my first story, Ode to Life! I really appreciate it. I hope you enjoy my book as much as I enjoyed writing it.

began: july 23rd, 2014
completed: april 12th, 2015

Warning: This fan fiction contains excessive profanity and a few explicit, sexual parts.

Copyright © 2014-2015 by salladmac. All Rights Reserved.