February 15, 2015

**AUTHOR NOTE. Skip if you want.**

First off, I am EXTREMELY sorry for my absence over the past three months. I'm not going to pull the generic, Wattpad-author "I've been busy" crap, because although it's partially true, it's not the sole reason why I haven't been updating lately. I've been occupied in the past before, but I've always managed to make time to update Ode to Life at least once a week. Recently, however, there are a few things that have happened over the course of these months, that have become potential reasons to why I may be discontinuing Ode to Life for good.

It isn't official, and I haven't completely made a decision yet. It is something I've been contemplating over these past few months, before I came to the conclusion that it isn't my decision to make. YOU, my readers/followers, are an enormous contribution to Ode to Life just as much as I am. This is YOUR book just as much as it mine, and it's not something I'm willing to take from you guys over a few of my selfish reasons.

So, I'm going to tell you the reasons of why I may be ending the book for good. It's only fair to you guys that you know these things before I continue to write more chapters (if I decide to). After you read all my reasons, PLEASE comment on this "chapter" if you want me to continue Ode to Life or end it here. By the end of the week, (Saturday, February 21, 2015) if I have more positive comments than negative, I will resume to update more chapters EVERY WEEK. (I promise) If I don't, then I completely understand as to why you wouldn't want me to continue. I'm not proud of any of these reasons- but I'm not going to lie to you.

Reason #1: In truth, I have lost all interest in the Magcon boys. *pause for dramatic effect, in which I have probably lost 87% of my followers and readers already* I don't want to offend anyone, and my purpose here isn't to try to convince you guys to stop liking them in any way, it's just that I've lost interest in them completely. I started this book in the summer, when I was completely infatuated with Cam and Matt and Carter and the rest of the boys, which gave me so much passion to write this story. But those feelings have faded and I feel that if I continue to write, I'd sort of be betraying you guys. In a "fake fan" way, maybe? I love writing, I just don't love what I'm writing about anymore.

Reason #2: As a writer, I like to explore and experiment new things. I try anything that seems fun, even if it's bold and risky, because that's the thing that's going to help me improve as a writer. That is the reason why I degraded Madison Beer in some chapters, that is the reason for my bold choice of making Jack and Jack gay, that is the reason why I chose to write in third person and try not to include POVs. Personally, I think POVs make my writing weak; I want my readers to identify the character's emotions in itself. I'm sorry if some of you dislike that. I included Madison Beer because I thought it would enhance the story line with some light humor. I'm sorry if some of you dislike that. I made Jack and Jack gay because I wanted to try something new that I thought it'd be fun to experiment. Is it wrong I wanted same-sex love intertwined in my book? I'm sorry if some of you dislike that. I love you all, but some of your really mean comments disappoint me because some of you seem to be missing the point sometimes. :-/

Reason #3: Like I said in reason #1, I was a really big fan in the summer. Therefore, I knew anything and everything in each of the boys' lives, which made it easier to write. Now that I don't keep tabs on any one of them, I don't want to continue the book in ignorance. For example, I know Carter and Maggie broke up, but they're still together" in my book. Would you guys be okay with that? I just don't want my writing to conflict with what's going on in reality. But if you guys do want me to continue the book, I am willing to do my research before every chapter :-)

When I began in the summer, I never expected to have 70,000 reads. I love this story line so much, and I have such an amazing ending for you all if you guys are willing to live with these reasons. I don't want to be a fake fan towards to you guys, I don't want to let some mean comments affect me (because you guys leave just as much lovely comments), and I don't want to be an author ignorant of my topic. But I will be if I continue. If you guys are okay with this, or if you aren't, please leave a comment. I would appreciate if every one of my readers of Ode to Life shared their opinion- even you silent readers. It would really mean a lot to me.

I will make my decision after this week. Love you all. -S