I laughed at his act and poked his shoulder, "Whatever Takeridge, we going home?" I asked gingerly.

I heard Axel stop in his tracks as we were walking and he stared down at me in shock. I looked back up to him in distress and I placed my hand on his arm, trying to ignore the shock that was sent through my body at the contact, "Are you okay?" I asked.

He gave me a genuine smile and nodded his head, "That's the first time you called my home yours," he whispered.

I didn't even notice I called it home. Home. A form of shelter that makes you feel comfort and relaxation and peace all in one. A place that makes you feel content with yourself or with the people staying with you. A place where you feel safe and protected and most importantly: loved.

Also something I haven't called anywhere in awhile until I guess, now.

I smiled back and nodded my head, "Is it not?" I asked teasingly.

He shook his vigorously, "No! I mean yeah it is but- like it is and I didn't mean to say no it's just-"

Axel was cut off by my giggling and I waved my hand in the air, "It's okay Takeridge, I know what you mean," I said once I calmed down.

He let out a sigh and ran a hand through his hair, "Okay babe, c'mon, I need to give you a test run," he said as he led me out the school.

"A test run?" I asked for confirmation.

He looked down at me with mischief, "A test run."

_______________________

Son of a test run.

Axel placed the earmuffs on my head until I was comfortable and gave me a thumbs up before he placed his on as well. I looked at the target and eyed the handgun warily before Axel spoke up.

"If you did it once, you can do it again," he said loud enough for me to hear.

I nodded my head and took a deep breath before picking up the heavy object and running my fingers against it's metallic side. I haven't touched a gun in forever, it feels like it's my first time touching it all over again too. Well, everything feels like I'm doing it for the first time now since Axel came into my life and I'm returning back to my mischievous ways. And trust me, my smart mouth and the boxing gym are just a fraction of what I can really do.

"Any day now Catch," Axel said from behind me.

"Okay damn if you're in such a hurry to shoot the target, do it yourself," I fired back sarcastically.

He shook his head and laughed, "Cmon babe, you got this," he encouraged.

"That's right April, you got this," I mumbled to myself.

You got this...

"C'mon honey, you've got it," he said sweetly.

I aimed for the small tin can and rubbed my index finger on the trigger softly, balancing the gun to be steady enough for me to shoot.

"What if I miss?" I asked unsurely.

He chuckled from beside me, "You can only miss when you think you'll miss," he answered.

I bit my lip in nervousness and my grip around the handle tightened at his next words...

"Will you miss?" He challenged.

That's right April, will you miss?

I sucked in a deep breath and aimed for my target, "No."

The loud bang of the gun going off echoed off of the concrete walls and sent a satisfying rush through my blood. The sound of gunshots almost consumed me whole if it weren't for the gun running out of bullets.