12/2/00

Damn, Damn, Damn! The american diplomat arrived over a week before his scheduled appearance! I just barely was able to hide Isa and keep her preoccupied by toys and the maids in a Separate room while I sat in the den with him and discussed political issues between our countries. After the first hour or so of chatter I summoned Chandra to fetch us some tea, While I intently paid attention to what this man had to say. After Chandra served us fresh tea, my political guest Requested alcohol, yet "whiskey" is not something I am in possession of, so bottled sake had to do. This, diary, is where things started to turn, One sip and he coughed, commenting on the taste and "kick" it had, boasting on how whiskey was superior in every way. damned fool had no idea the importance of sake in my culture. It Is what we drink at wedding ceremonies, I contained my irritation and opted for Reading and signing papers. Sadly, after roughly five minutes of doing so, I spotted Isa under the american's chair. He noticed her tail. He nearly stomped down with his shoe to crush her little tail under his heel, when in a blur I tackled him to the floor, papers flying into the air while We toppled over in the chair. Startled, Isa bolted out the door, and the american pushed me off to give chase. "Wait!" I cried, "That is my pet, She is valuable to me!" These words seemed to halt his run for a moment, but he still ran after her! I scrambled to my feet, and started calling for Zenia theough the halls, hot on the heels of the united states senator. When I finally caught up with him, he had cornered Isa, who was cowering in a corner, tears streaming down her face in terror. while his back was turned, I reached out to his neck but dropped my hands down my sides when he turned to me and asked "Is this a lamia?" with great intrigue on his face. "You as well house a subspecies human? I also know one quite well!" He bowed his head, "This was an interesting day, senator Hamichi." At this he bid me farewell, and as soon as he shut the door I slowly made my way to Isa and hugged her to my chest, the poor thing wrapped her tail around my middle and squeezed enough to make breathing difficult. I held her until she stopped crying. Ill have to be more careful next time.

- Nicholas