10/30/00

One week, four days since I have Taken in my reptilian guest, She has taken a fancy to a little blue rattle I purchased for her, she tends to carry it along in the coils of her tail as she slithers about my estate, I find the act quite cute if I do say so myself. Aside from this, as I have been researching, I have discovered... quite a perplexing shock. It appears the species my guest belongs to is called 'Lamia' and everything about their race seems either provocative or predatory and dangerous. I hope she is not thinking of me as Either, as I would find either description unnerving. Its their later teenage years, which may be the most dangerous to me, her tail will become quite muscular, and could easily strangulate an ox in a matter of seconds, With a maximum tail length of thirty feet. Fifteen score in length may be too large for my estate, If she stays that long, anyways, in which I will place my doubts. yet if she does spend her life here, I may develop in her ruby eyes as her father, with all feelings and intent never going past that. Moving on from the perverse and awkward topic, I have been considering hiring two to three female servants, my estate is large enough and can provide the housing in the guest wing, there are plenty of spare bedrooms and bathrooms to accommodate for a maid group of ten or less, no more, I will have to hire those who swear on their souls not to utter a word of my guest, Those preferred who are not of religion, though the year 1900 may lack in pure atheists like myself, if I hire one too heavily religious, they may cry demon and attempt to murder the poor child on sight. Only those who fit my requirements will be hired with a ludicrous payout per seven days. I have recently been informed that an american diplomat will be arriving Sometime during December, so it is time I dust off my english and make sure I am still bi-lingual. Oh, the poor dear fell asleep coiled up in my lap. She feels a little chilly then what I keep her temperature at, A brief trip to my sauna it will be, The humidity and warm air seem to be the perfect environment for a lamia.

- Nicholas