11/5/00, Continued by Zenia

To maid: please record the events of the introduction of you five to my guest. Please write your name for reference in this diary.

After being given the diary, Master Nicholas leaves the room for approximately five minutes, Me and the other four women are Left to our own devices. Nicholas enters the den after six minutes, with a large red snake coiled around his chest, A child peeking over his shoulder with similarly colored hair and eyes. Master Nicholas instructs the child to "grab onto his arm with her tail" the little girl does so, and as we watch, we discover the snake and the little girl are one being, a girl from the waist up (wearing a casual, white dress). Sora reacts with widened eyes, possibly in excitement by the look on her face. Lydia puts her hands up, startled. Chandra raises a brow in confusion. Melana believes it is a costume. as I write, I feel no reaction to the sight of the child. Master Nicholas: "This is Isa, (he pauses in thought) I suppose you could say she is my adopted daughter."

Sora: "Oh my she really is pretty!" (note: ecstatic tone of voice, as if ready to bounce off the walls) Sora proceeds to slowly approach the child on Nicholas' arm.

Lydia remains frozen, unable to move, possibly terrified to the point of soaking her drawers.

Melana approaches faster than Sora, giving the child a slight start, Chandra attempts to shake Lydia out of her pale state. I shall remain put despite my curiosity and oversee the events playing out.

Nicholas introduces Sora and Melana to Isa, now known as the species 'lamia.'

Lydia takes Chandra's hand and approaches the child, taking a step towards bravery and introducing herself, Chandra gives a light smile instead of a verbal greeting. I decide to step in closer behind the other four, I do not want to crowd Isa, who seems to be looking at us in curiosity, as two species meet. The child tells us hello in rudimentary japanese, Nicholas shows his surprise, and informs us maids of his attempts to teach the child the national language. So far, she has learned to say hello. We step back as instructed by master Nicholas, and he sets her on the floor, Isa slithers towards the fire to warm herself. Nicholas briefs us on his discovery of her in the woods one kilometer from his estate and his lack of findings to the true parents of Isa. After he has briefed us, Lydia appears to calm down, no longer shaking. Nicholas informs us that this test was to see if any of us are worthy of hire, he anticipated at least three, instead of all five. We are now working under senator Nicholas Hamichi, with the pledge to not speak of Isa's existence to the outside world, We swear our secrecy and are given quarters and duties, I am to assist where I am needed, and patrol the estate after dark in case of an intruder. Sora is to clean during the day along with Lydia, Chandra is to tutor Isa as if she were a human child when she is of age, until then she will baby sit and help Nicholas teach her japanese, Melana is to assist Master Nicholas with political affairs as his secretary, handling organization and some paperwork. I will now hand the diary back to it's rightful owner.

I have thanked Zenia for helping me write, I feared the introduction of Isa to my new maids would be a failure, but it seems they will get along well with Isa. At the time I could not think of anything to say to describe Isa's presence. I sit in a chair by the fireplace she has coiled up in front of, A rattle wrapped in the end of her tail. I have had an eventful day and should oversee the operations of the newly hired maids. Especially Melana, considering her intelligence.

- Nicholas