Chapter Eight

Magsimula sa umpisa

She's so flamboyant, I love her.

The dress, it's simple, casual, and pretty. Made of a smooth, soft material that sticks to the curves of my body but not suffocating me completely. It's baby pink reaching my mid-thigh, the neckline is flattering on my breasts and the straps are thin. I've thrown on a white cropped cardigan and I'm wearing white Chucks because I am not wearing heels tonight.

With my hair wavy and flowing down my back, I look at myself in the mirror and do nothing but smile. I look pretty. I'm so excited that I'm having butterflies in my stomach. Tonight's going to be fun. I'll be with my girls in the midst of loud music, bright lights, and crazy antics.

Plus Sebastian—oh, sweet Demeter, Sebastian!

He's picking me up. He's going to see me, like this, in this dress. What is he going to think? Will he compliment me? Will he say I look like a baby in a diaper? What do I do if he compliments me? Do I hug him? Kiss him? High-five him?

Oh gosh, Sebastian and kiss should not be used in the same sentence, it's not good for my weak heart.

I chew on my lip, trying to shove all those nervous thoughts to the back of my mind. Right now I need to focus on checking out my girls and how hot they look.

My two beautiful troll dolls look like goddesses.

Nolee looks so sensual and expensive in her fitted blue jeans and corset top. The white top is hugging her body—her body is like Yasmeen Ghauri, the model with the face of an angel and the body of a goddess (Versace's words, not mine). Oof. The straps are thick and extra material from the corset dangles from the hem. She's got on white strappy heels which makes her already long legs look like an endless road.

Blair is not playing around. She looks like a chick from a 2000s teen-high school movie. She's wearing baggy blue jeans that ride low, hugging her hips. Her top is like lingerie, light pink lace material, and cropped with thin straps. She made it herself. And like me, she's opted on wearing sneakers—white Nikes—because Blair is like a newborn baby when she gets drunk.

"You look fucking hot," Blair coos, fanning her self, "Girl, I could turn queer for you. Lord have mercy."

I laugh at her reaction.

So Blair.

I should get her a book so she can write down these quotes of hers, they're iconic.

"Blair's right," Nolee eyes me up, "You look like a whole ass meal."

"Oh, my good Lord."

These are my best friends.

Blair laughs and walks out of Nolee's bedroom. After I came back from dinner at the Valmont house, my girls asked about my brother. They were disappointed that he left without saying goodbye. I don't know what it is about my brother but the two can't get their minds and eyes off of him.

He looks like Romeo from Hotel for Dogs. But in their eyes, he's like a hot Greek God. Yuck. Once, Nolee fed Elijah grapes just for the fun of it and of course, my weirdo brother relished the gesture.

"When is Sebastian coming?" Nolee asks, texting with a stank face, "Ugh, this boy is disgusting."

Zack is most likely sending her crude messages. Like Blair, she also doesn't see it but Nolee craves Zack, no matter how egotistic and vain he is.

"He'll be here." I munch on some apple-flavored gummy bears.

"He's already here."

Once I hear Blair's voice from the doorway, my eyes fly over and my knees buckle and I end up sitting on Nolee's bed. Nolee quietly laughs beside me.

"Sebastian."

Oh sweet, sweet heaven. The boy looks mouth-watering.

"Hey." Sebastian hums, brown eyes twinkling with excitement, his bedraggled hair covers his forehead.

Sebastian looks hot. Dreamily fitted in a loosely fitted white short-sleeved shirt with some buttons undone, blue jeans, and white Chucks, making him look like the most 90s, pretty boy ever.

He looks as good as Chandler Bing in the first season of Friends.

I open my mouth to say hi but my brain is taking a short break, mesmerized by his handsomeness.

"I'm sorry but Lia Berry has left the building." Nolee jokes from the bed.

Sebastian chuckles.

I snap out of my daze and smile.

"Hi."

His brown eyes flicker with amusement.

"Ready?"

I hum and get up from the bed.

"I'll see you guys at the party." I grin at my best friends who are smiling like two crackheads.

Walking into the kitchen, I drink some water because Lord only knows how much I need it right now. I don't know if I'm going to last being next to him inside his car, with his papaya and lemon scent messing with my body and mind.

Following Sebastian out of the apartment building, I gawk at his car. A matte black Range Rover with black rims.

"Lia."

I hum in response, staring to lock eyes with him. Sebastian smiles, biting his lip as he drinks me in. Heat blushes my cheeks.

Stepping close to me, Sebastian grabs my wrist and places a soft, lingering kiss on my inner wrist. My body sparks with a sensation so heart-fluttering, I breathe out, gratified.

"You look beautiful."

With just those three words, the butterflies go chaotic.

Sebastian opens the door for me. Chivalry is not dead yet. Getting in, he starts up and drives through the night that is about to get chiller and exciting.

I don't know what to expect at this party but I know I want to experience it and have fun. If my girls ask me to play games, I'll play. If they want me to dance, I'll dance. If they want to hook up, I'll be their number one supporter.

"Kiss me if I'm wrong," Sebastian breaks the silence with mischief in his eyes, "But dinosaurs still exist, right?"

My blush has me squirming, hilarity bubbling within me.

"You're unbelievable." I laugh softly.

Sebastian chuckles.

As I wander my eyes and admire the night, the blurring lights, I feel his warm eyes on me.

"Sebastian," I smile upon catching his eyes on me, "Keep your eyes on the road."

"Sorry," the boy smirks, "But you're so cute, it's distracting."

I blush harder but I'm touched.